Is it better to find compatibility by going on dates or can someone just know there isn't potential there?

To me I have thought it was better to go on a date to see if you can be more than friends with a person than to decide that without going out al least 2x

Most Helpful Girl

• People just know.

Going out once -or even just speaking alone with that person- can tell me straight away if he's for me or not. Sometimes girls feel that the guy isn't right for them but they ignore it and still get into a relationship with him...-to not be alone I presume...Guys do this as well.

I don't get it, but it happens.

BUT you can feel/think you have chemistry and that you're attracted to one another, but once you kiss that feeling will either be confirmed or proved to be really wrong. . .

What Girls Said 2

• no, I follow my intuition first.

• within 5 seconds of meeting someone, I know if he is boyfriend potential or not. I only go on dates with guys that have the potential

What Guys Said 1

• If it's somebody you know, and you know that you're not compatible, going on dates won't change that. I can't say that I know immediately if a girl will be girlfriend material, but I can figure out pretty quickly if she's definitely not girlfriend material.

In short, if I don't see the possibility, I don't go on a date.