How should I tell a guy that I like him?

I'm a senior and this guy I like is a junior. We're in the same chemistry class, that's how I know him. I flirt with him, and I think he flirts back, but I can't tell. One day, he acts like he's totally into me, then the next he doesn't even care about anything. I'm pretty sure he likes me, but when I talk to other people who know him, they say that's just how he is, he flirts without realizing it; he doesn't have a girlfriend so that's good(I know because I asked him). When I try to drop hints that I like him, he doesn't get it(at least I don't think he does). And when my friends try to drop hints, he still doesn't get it. So I almost want to just tell him, I don't know how though. The thing is though, I've only known him for like 5 months, and we hang out with completely different people so we never see each other outside of school. Maybe I should wait until we form a closer friendship to tell him I like him, because I don't want him to get all freaked out and never talk to me again. So should I tell him I like him? If so, how should I tell him? And how should I ask him to hang out sometime, like go to the movies or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe rather than tell him you like him you should just ask him to do something.

Have you tried dropping hints to get him to ask you on a date.

Like mention a film he'd want to see and be like ''I want to see that too, coincidence much?''

and see if he asks you, or even just ask him if he still doesn't seem to get it, and if he acts weird say something like ''do any of your other friends want to see it too?'' so as it sounds like you're asking them so you can't get embarrassed because he doesn't KNOW you like him.

I hope that helps.

What Guys Said 1

• just tell him you like him when you go to the movies or something if you wait to get to closer friends he might not feel the way you do he might just like someone else so just tell him you like him and if he don't at least you are still friends maybe he will like you just give him a little time he will get the hints or he may already know that you like him

What Girls Said 2

• You can't drop hints to a guys. Most guys don't pick up on that (personal experience)-You have to be direct. Just meet up with him like at the cafe, just you two or go study together and tell him and ask how he feels about that, and go from there. He might be thinking the same thing, but he's just shy. anyways good luck ;*)

• go to the movies just say that ur inviting friends then you two can go alone see twilight cause they have romantic scenes so like look at him and hell no trust me ;D