How to date an ugly girl?

I am going to date this girl, but she isn't that good looking. On the plus side she is awesome! I need advice on how to date an ugly girl, how do you deal with the lack of physical attraction? the mocking you may receive ? among many other issues of dating an ugly girl

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't have much advice to offer you but I do have a fact to offer u, studies have shown the more time you spend around someone the more attractive they become to u, it's not true for everyone but for 95% of people id say it's true, I wasn't physically attracted to my ex at first but the more we hung out and as we started dating the more I found my self liking him, I still don't think he's hot but he's cute to me now and if you are really into her regardless of what she looks like that makes you a great guy in a lot of girls opinion

What Girls Said 5

• Everyones beautiful in their own way... if you can't apreciate that then why are you dating her, can you imgaine how this post would make her feel if she read it? ... if your worried about mocking I'm not sure I want you dating her to be frank. You don't diserve her... -_- xXx

• I'm agree. Everyone is beautiful in different ways. My girl friend doesn't seem to agree with me if I said "my man is hansome and good looking guy" Well! everyone has their own oppinion. Beauty is just an asumetion which people make the statement of the way how beauty looks like but it wasn't a definition of the truth, so yes! if you love someone, he or she'll be definiatly beautyful just the way you like.

• Meeting mr

• Good for you, this may sound shallow but it would happen in real life. I hope it works out for the best :) Basically what beautyfulx0 said

• If you really loved her, you'd think of her as beautiful. No matter what ridicule you might receive from others, or no matter what other people think, their opinions don't matter. As long as both of you are happy, then you should stay happy. Looks aren't everything, and I'm sure most people don't think she's 'ugly'. Also, this should be posted in Dating.

• I don't love her. Perhaps I mispoke. She is very possibly the most interesting girl I have met in my life. Thus my interest in her.

• If you like this girl, looks shouldn't matter as well as people saying stuff. Truly you shouldn't care about what other people say, if your happy and she's happy that's all that matters! hope everything works out :)

• dont waste your time at all. no girl deserves a guy that feels this way about her. you're only with her because you can't do better not because "she is awesome" gimme a break. you're with her because of desperation and you probably need to get laid and you might want some companionship. you do not like this girl or really wanna be with her, no man that truly wants a woman would talk about her like this. you will not become attracted to a person you're not attracted to. if you can't deal with the mocking from your immature friends then you care too much about what your friends think and it won't work. just be friends with her and stay far far away from the romantic side with her.

• interesting insight. Having said that you made several asumptions. Perhaps I should have been more detailed in my question but it seems the longer the question the less likeley people are to answer it! So let me put in some background about myself here. I have always dated hot girls in the past, wasn't a choice they all just happened. The unfortunate pattern that seems to emerge is that my girlfreinds never stimulated me intelectually. So I am afraid your desperation theory is flawed.

• This is why I am worried. Perhaps I should break it off before someone gets hurt?

• yes, you should!

What Guys Said 2

• You mean, you don't want to hurt her by giving any gesture, that you found her ugly. And If you are really thinking like that, then don't date her at all. Just put yourself at her position and think, what If a girl treat you like this, no matter how awesome is your personality

You should date a person, to whom you are attracted to at least. You yourself said that, she is an awesome girl. Then this is not the way to treat an awesome person. You should not had to use the word ugly for her. You could have use "not so attractive or not so beautiful", If you really respect her(I personally think, you should not even say that). And there is also a well-known saying that "Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder".

• If you call her ugly then why are you dating her? You need to stop thinking of her as ugly and start looking at he unique beauty. Something which may help though is realizing that you perception of beauty is heavily influenced by media. Everywhere you look tall, size 6, with perfect makeup and hair. This is all bullsh*t, it takes these models hours to look that good, they have a whole team of make up people and lighting people to make them look perfect for that one photo. This is just not the case in the real world, media just f***s with our heads, start looking for the real beauty in women and not what you are told by television and magazines... hope that helped. Peace.

• If you're referring to those stick models I don't really find them attractive >.<