I don't want a boyfriend but would like to date guy without leading to sex?

Is this possible or will I just end up disappointed?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible for awhile, but eventually, most guys who you''d probably be interested in dating are going to want to get sexual. Unless you find a guy who doesn't want to do anything sexual before marriage or something.

What Guys Said 5

• Your best bet is to date a virgin. Sooner or later a guy who's had sex will probably expect some. I dated a virgin who didn't want sex right away so I was cool about it. We waited about four months and then she wanted to do it.

• In all honesty, probably not. Sounds like what's more up your alley is having a male friend.

What is your reason for not wanting to have sex?

• No emotional ties and avoiding the FWB or misunderstanding of a relationship. Often sex means we have more. Guy frurnd is what I'm after but most men don't like that

• I see. Well in my case, I'm 22 and wouldn't mind having a female friend, but something I've noticed is most people already have a social circle so its hard to make new friends sometimes, but that doesn't mean you won't find someone.

• Who's paying?

• Split things in half

• I suppose that's possible. Why would you want to?

• I would, but I'm waiting until I am married. But I would only date another virgin woman

• lol why would a guy want that? so he can buy you food over and over?

• Dates IMO don't mean he pays. Often I pay so he does think I owe him anything. But they still come after for sex no matter who pays

• well sex is fun and men invest far less in sex than women so for guys its just kinda like "why not?". and there are a lot of girl who do put out so that is just an easier route for a lot of guys. like if given the option to choose just a date or a date and sex what is the real incentive to choose the former?

What Girls Said 2

• No, this would not be a very likely possibility. If a guy takes you on a date they either hope to end up with a girlfriend eventually or they want sex. Guys are not going to the trouble to ask you out and pay for dates to find out all you wanted was a friend. I see you would go dutch, and that is cool, but, again, a lot of guys already have friends and they go out with girls for other reasons, not to gain a new buddy.

Why do you need a guy to hang with? What about your girlfriends?

• cause I want male companionship but don't want to commit. I have girlfriends but they are into different things. I have my male gay friends they are fun. But nothing more fun then hanging with the guys and watching sport or grabbing a beer. I used to have that until they went and got girlfriends. However I am not ready to be in a relationship with a guy yet.

• Well, good luck. I am not a fan of opposite gender friendships only because they usually are just a disguise for one person having a crush on the other and not knowing how to approach the person. Sometimes it is just a sexual attraction. I have a cousin who met some male friends through work and they know she has a boyfriend AND she is good about keeping the line drawn but she seems the exception. Most guys who would be interested enough to hang with you are going to want more.

• I am sorry if I am blunt, but I'm a bit older than you: it is not likely to happen, unless it's a very traditionnal guy who will wait until you are married.

If you want the company of a guy, but no touching, this will be a friend, not a boyfriend. After a few dates, both men and women will expect some kind of action.