Did I Do too Much too Fast?

I met this amazing girl at a church sponsored dance and we really liked spending time together. We had a good time the entire day doing various activities and learning more about each other. Over the past weeks we began talking on the phone everyday for hours. I really felt I met someone I could trust and openly share my life. We went on a date this past weekend. It was uneventful and low key. There was no kissing, but we spent lots of time talking and getting to know one another. But after the date she reduced communication and later told me she wasn't ready for a relationship. The message was clear and I now feel hollow and sad. I don't know what I did wrong. I try to be the best person out there and one date is enough for a girl to call it quits. Any body else have some experience with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been the girl on the other end of this, and in all honesty you didn't do anything wrong this girl just obviously isn't into you as more then friends. What I'm guessing has happened to this girl is that she wanted to be friends you asked her on the date she though "I mean he is such a good guy so I'll go to see what it's like" on the date she realized just how much you were into her and how little she was into you and felt awful about it, freaked out and just stopped talking to you. I doubt she was actually scared to date you she was more likely to be scared to hurt you.

• Thanks. This is a recurring problem for me. If I really like somebody I get attached to them quickly and will do anything to make them happy. I think this freaks a lot of girls out.

What Girls Said 3

• Her not being ready for a relationship doesn't necessarily have anything to do with but mainly with her. It could be that she sees how much of a good guy that you are and she probably doesn't want to mess up your life with her unsorted or confused feelings or perception that she may have of relationships or guys. Additionally she you never know she may have been hurt and really just want to take things slow. Hope this helps...

• It's interesting you say this; she's suffering from a recent break up and it's all kind of complicated. I've received identical indications. Thanks for your input.

• Maybe she's scared that dating means you'll end up doing something sinful? I'm not sure though.

• mmm...may be it has got nothing to do with u... its her problem. you can't do much about it...sorry

What Guys Said 0