Opinions on being dumped via text message?

Just curious on people's opinion on getting dumped via text. it just happened to me.. It totally sucks

Most Helpful Guy

• He does not deserve you...like most people have said already he's a coward.

What Guys Said 6

• i saw this and had to respond to it! but anyways, my girlfriend of 3 short months broke up with me, two days ago through a text. But let me give you a short synopsis of what happend. She left on vacation for a month; long and excessive I know, but anyways,before she left, she started to become distant towards me, starte to talk less to me, slowly stopped texting me. I thought it was normal because that's just how she usually is but to me it seemed something was off, so I asked if everything was okay, she said yeah, everything is fine. well she goes on vacation and doesn't really talk to me, a few conversation here and there, they were short. but after not talking to her for about a week, I woke up in the morning to find this long text about how she just wants to be friends. considering how things were going between us, I kind of saw it coming but gave her the benefit of the doubt. so I just stared at my phone and just laughed, then I became extremely angry at the fact that she did that to me, that she didn't give me the respect I deserve, or the consideration of my feelings. now I could understand if I was a complete d*** to her, but I wasn't, I treated her; now these are her words "wonderfully!" so this was something I didn't deserve and I don't think anyone does. this is a cowards way out, and she took it! not only was it through a text, she's 1000 miles away from me, and has completely ignored me for weeks! so yeah it sucks and I know exactly how you feel!

• Ok .I always want to do it but I'm never.Use this way break up more easy may be,but its disrespect

others I think.If you don't like this guy anymore I think this way is great to your both

• I was dumped via text last week! Ironically the night before she was telling everyone that I was the guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with!

• Yeah it totaly suck it makes you think that you are worthless to them.

• my phone just says,"out of service."

when will guys learn?

• Cowardly...

What Girls Said 8

• In my opinion, anyone who dumps another person through text messaging is just a coward and needs to grow a serious backbone.

• Yea. I think it's completely retarded, but I tried to do it the other day to my boyfriend. He hasn't been himself lately, and although I know it's because of his disorder, it's hard for me to deal with. Lately he hasn't been paying much attention to me and I wanted to talk to him about it, but he never picks up his phone...soooo...I was just super upset and texted him. We worked it out though. It's not something I would have liked to do, but he never calls me anymore and he lives 2 hrs away...so seeing him in person is barely an option either.

• My very first ever, and coincidentally only so far, boyfriend dumped me through a text..it's lovely isn't it?:/ But I realized it just meant he was a coward and never deserved to be with me in the first place. Right now you might not see it, but trust me in a few months or hopefully less he'll look like even more of a loser than he does now. On to the next one.(:

• I think it's lame and cowardly, and anyone who breaks up with someone over a text message was never worth your time in the first place. That goes for guys and girls.

• I too was dumped via text:( But I sorta pushed him towards it..what I mean is,I asked if he wanted to break up(he was kind of being distant)..so he did so via text. He didn't really want to in that way.he said he respected me too much.

but now it looks like a(we're going to be friends with benefits or b)we're getting back together.

hmm..

• It's a total bitch move and a cowards way out.

And yes I know it sucks.

• what a cowardly way. that's one of the worst ways

• pussyyyy