What does he mean when he kisses my forehead/nose?

The other night my 'friend with benefits' and I were laying in bed cuddling. He grabbed me close and said he was feeling romantic. I felt the same way. This was when he started holding my hand, playing with my hair, kissing my nose, forehead, eyes, etc. It was all very sensual. After that we 'made love'? That's the only way I can describe it. It was very slow and intimate. Afterward, we were laying with each other, he kisses my forehead, asks me to sleepover, and says 'I'm not gonna ask you to be my girlfriend or anything..' and so on, which I'm OK with. This was supposed to be commitment free. I'm just confused as to what this episode means. I'm starting to have feelings for him, and this just confused the daylights out of me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah, I know this one! It's good that you don't want a relationship with him because hopefully that means you won't get hurt. He basically had a phase where he wanted to feel like he had a girlfriend. And since you two obviously have a connection (albeit mainly physical), he got all cosy. It may happen again, but he's just having his cake and eating it! He gets to have that 'couply' thing when he wants but doesn't have the committment of having a girlfriend to answer to. Good luck to you if you're okay with that - I wasn't!

What Guys Said 1

• The only time I ever do that is when I am feeling like very protective of a girl. She might be my girlfriend, she might be my best friend (assuming we are close enough for me to do that without it being creepy.)

Kinda sounds like he has more than just a physical thing for you, but his comment goes against that. He might be afraid to scare you off if it becomes a serious relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know what It means, I mean I'm not a guy but I know that its something very intimate and I love it just like I love really soft and slow eskimo kisses...They're so wonderful don't you think?

• You know why? It's because you are a girl and he is a guy;a girl and a guy attract to each other only love make it different I think.