Kissing a guy that just smoked?

I dated this girl 4 times now and we haven't kissed yet.

I'm a smoker so I thougt, could it be that she doesn't want to kiss me because I smoked?

Have any of you girls got experience with this? Does it taste so much worse if you're not a smoker yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like smoking, and I've kissed guys who smoke, in fact I've kissed a guy right after he's smoked. But yeah - I only really noticed the effect on taste when it was pretty much right after he'd smoked, and it didn't last that long - and whilst it wasn't the best of tastes, it didn't completely ruin the kiss, and was soon gone.

I tend to agree with ilovemyjose101 - that if she knew this about you beforehand, yet still goes out with you - it can't be that much of a deal. Maybe she's waiting for you to make a move, I know I've never made the first move to kiss I guy I'd never kissed before; regardless of how much I liked him, or in fact wanted to kiss him.

What Girls Said 35

• That's not necessarily the reason. She could just be shy, or waiting for you to make the first move. Why would she still be going out with you if she's aware of your smoking but doesn't agree with it?

To answer the question, I once kissed a guy right after he smoked, and I hated it. I'm not a smoker, so the smell and taste were just so intense for me. Never again. But that's not necessarily what your girl's feeling. Maybe talk to her if you're worried, jokingly ask if she would kiss a smoker. Or just kiss her and see.

• I'm a smoker, so to be honest it wouldn't bother me, but my recent ex has just told me, that he never, when ever he has kissed me, ever tastes cigerettes...so I don't know what I do that is different to others, but I believe him, cause no one has ever said anything about it..

I can actually think of worse things, like kissing someone after they have eaten prawn cocktail crisps...yuck!, and anything that has a lot of garlic in it too...oh and someone who has been drinking, and I mean heavily to the point all you can taste is the after taste of the beer...not usually spirits mind, but defo beer, I hate that..

• If she's been on four dates with you, she probably already knows you smoke. And if that bothered her enough to make her not want to kiss you, she wouldn't still be going out with you. Have you tried to kiss her? Maybe she's waiting for you to make the first move.

• Personally I have never kissed a smoker, but I never would because I couldn't date a smoker. That's just me though.

• She needs to get over herself lol. Tell her to kiss you first or ask her if the smoking bothers her. I have kissed a two smokers in my lifetime and it's not that bad omg sure you can taste and smell it when you kiss but if I really want the kiss then why should it matter if he smokes or doesn't smokes and no I don't smoke it just doesn't bother me.

go find yourself someone who wants those lips lol

• The knowledge of you being a smoker wouldn't stop me from kissing you. But I've been out with a smoker and kissing after a cigarette isn't pleasant but I fancied him so I still did it.

Just keep gum with you and keep your breath fresh. If you go in for a kiss don't smoke just beforehand and then it's not as bad.

• gross...

• long story short: liked a guy, he was a smoker, didn't bug me, kissed him, his breathe tasted nasty, didn't like him anymore, moved on to a non smoker.

• I'm not a smoker and I've kissed a couple of smokers (of cigs and weed) before. To be honest I liked it. Especially right after they smoked, they tasted so good. For me to smoke cigarettes though it tastes terrible. So it depends on her :)

• I don't think that's the reason, if she knew you smoked

and she still continued to go out with you.

Just stock up on some gum, and I think she'll come around.

maybe she's waiting for you to kiss her.

• I've kissed smokers before and I can't tell the difference unless they just puffed on a cig. Even then it doesn't bother me.

• Smokers smell and taste awful. No matter how much they brush their teeth or how strong the gum they chew is, they still always smell and taste revolting.

• My ex was a boyfriend but only a couple day and usually one in the morning then one at night and he cleaned his mouth really well with mouthwash and toothpaste after so any taste left behind was so minimal I didn't care. Chew on some gum though at least because I am really bothered by smoking so she might be too, that might solve your problem.

• It doesn't taste good.. but it's very bearable if he smokes and takes sips out of his drink before kissing me. It also depends on the type of cigs he smokes, some are much stronger than others and some taste better.

• my boyfriend smokes, at the beginning i was reluctant to kiss him because he smoked.
    it doesn't taste great straight after a cigarette but you get used to it, if you've smoked and then you kiss her about 20 mins after its fine.
    let her get to know you a bit if she's reluctant thats what my boyfriend did and look where i am now haha, if you are going to go in for a kiss try to to do it straight after a cigarette.

hope this helps
    x

• i would never kiss a guy that smokes.

• when I've kissed smokers in the past I haven't actually been able to taste the smoke, other girls I know can but they've gotten used to it. she just needs to not think about it and just kiss you otherwise she'll never do it.

• I never really tasted anything but then again I was drunk lol

um I guess just try to avoid kissing her directly after smoking and you should be alright

• It's gross, I would never kiss a smoker. Never.

• i never would want to lol but I have twice the first DISGUSTING the second...eh just no

• I wouldn't kiss a smoker

• I wouldn't kiss a smoker.no offense..

But I've seen other women that have

• Well yeah it kinda taste gross but I think smoking is so sexy.

Just get her to take a drag off of yours then she won't taste it. :)

• I don't think it's gross...but then again I smoke weed sooo...

• That's disgusting even though the guy brushes his teeth after smoking.

• smoking breath smells like an animal up and died in your mouth. I suggest stopping altogether. please, sir, think of the children.

• I've kissed smokers, and it doesn't make much of a difference as long as they don't kiss you while there smoking

• Kissing a smoker is like licking an ash tray.

• i would nvr kiss a guy who smokes.. sorry. but 2 be fair I would nvr date anyone who smokes...

• My boyfriends a smoker. I've kissed him. It doesn't bother me.

• EWWwwwwww.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 2

• there was a friend of a friend and anytime he had a smoke and wanted to kiss his girl friend he would have to brush his teeth and or use mouth wash.

I don't smoke and to me a girl who smokes is a huge turn off so I doubt we would get past a 2nd or 3rd date if she smoked during any of them.

• Kissing a smoker is disgusting, even after they brush their teeth, you can still taste it.