Rules of online dating

I've been messaging a guy online, we've been chatting for about two weeks now and texting as well, we seem to get on really well we've been chatting everyday in fact. The other day he asked if I wanted to meet up with him when he's back from his holidays next week and I replied saying yes that would great so we made arrangements. I was last to text saying that was fine but I've heard nothing since...this was Tuesday. Do I text him or not? I don't know what the rules of online/texting dating is and I don't want to seem too keen?!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm gonna wait and see what people say about this one, because my experience of online dating has been a load of chatting and no actual date! As soon as you get the date-planning part it all falls apart. I've heard so many success stories about online dating, and just cannot work out how the couples even meet up in the first place.

Usually in your situation now, I just give up! But then I am pretty jaded!

What Guys Said 2

• The only rule is don't have any expectations whatsoever. People are very cold about how they treat other people since it's like shopping online rather than actually interacting with human beings who have feelings. People act like they're into you one day an go away without a peep the next. I've used internet dating for years and years and of the three serious relationships I've had, only one was a girl I found online, and she and I had a mutual friend (I saw her on his MySpace page).

• make sure this person is not a pervert and never give out your number too somebody you just met online

What Girls Said 1

• No. Wait until after July 4th is over