Do you prefer talking on the phone or texting?

In today's society, everyone is on the phone whether you're talking or texting, so I have decided to do this little survey. Do you prefer to talk on the phone or text?

Also, if you're interested in someone do you text them or do you talk to them on the phone (response needed lol)?

• Talking
  • Texting

Most Helpful Guy

• texting is the reason that so many younger people don't even know how to have a conversation. It literally stunts your communication skills.

What Guys Said 17

• If it's just "hey, change of plans" or "We're doing this at that time. Want to come?", I will usually text. If I want to have an actual conversation, I prefer talking.

• I prefer talking, even though I find it somewhat frustrating because of my speech problems. But it beats the hell out of texting. I usually don't even respond to texts. It makes me feel like an immature little kid lol.

• Texting. I'm a really quiet person, so phone conversations with me are usually awkward as hell, even if it's someone I know well.

• I probably text 99% of the time. But some things are just a lot easier to get taken care of by talking. Some people I know I will be like okay call me when you get here or something like that. Then they text me that annoys me. Or when I call someone and they don't answer only to text me back 15 seconds later saying what's up?

• Haha That's what I do. If someone calls and I don't really feel like talking I'll text them like 5 or 10 minutes later.

• You can't have an honest conversation via text messages, if the person doesn't fell like answering a question they can pretend they fell asleep or simply didn't get the message.

Also during phone calls you're more able to read the person you're talking to.

• I rather talk to her than text, because you can really hear the sound of the voice if she's being sincere or not, otherwise, texting is fine too, it can help think a lot of time before you speak, and ofcourse much cheaper too :)

• I guess I prefer texting, but I don't mind a phone call every once and a while

• I'd rather text unless it's something really long that I'd rather just get over and call them about. If it was a girl I was interested in I would prefer to talk on the phone but if you can't think of anything to talk about,it can get pretty awkward.

• Texting is so f***ing stupid. You can say what you want to say faster speaking than texting. Why do people text is beyond me...

• Texting first, then talking. Someone made a good point below that you can have breaks with texting. I like talking on the phone with my close friends. And texting with people if I don't normally talk to them, for example my boss.

• Talking most def talking. Well depends who I'm talking to but if it's someone like a family member or my girlfriend I prefer to hear their voices.

• texting is better, you can take a break every now and then.

• i like personally meeting ppl...i am not much on the phone or text...but there are a lot of frndz who spend 4-5 hours on one phone call

• I spent 6 hours on the phone with my cousin one night and we saw each other earlier that day, but we were talking about my boyfriend (at the time), and some other stuff.

• lol thts girl talk...even random strangers(girls) can talk for hours..

perhaps don't you think 6 hours is less;-)

• I prefer texting because I have unlimited text but, if I have to have a conversation with somebody then I would rather speak in person.

• depends who I'm talking too.

but mostly I'd rather text.

• Texting is SO lame. Will not do it.

• Is it because you don't want to conform with most of the society?

• That might be part of it. But I think it has more to do with the fact that when I am speaking with someone, I want their attention and I give my attention. Texting is a way to blow off people.

• That sounds legit.

• Good survey. I was just thinking about this the other day. I like how texting/talking votes are flip/flopped by gender in this survey. I used to like texting. It's quick and gets to the point. I can also be funnier, because I got extra time to think of witty comebacks. However I realize it gives people to an opportunity to indulge in their insecurities and be non confrontational. It also NON ROMANTIC and hurts when I'm trying to date a girl. When I first meet a girl (either in a club, mutual friends, etc) and I try contacting her later...I start with a phone call. I have a lot better success rate of getting a date in person when I CALL, not text.

Girls, when you meet a guy...and he's into you. Just texting him back in forth (and blowing off any really opportunities to do something in person) is the most frustrating behavior in the world. It just shows you want attention and nada else.

It's more manly to call and talk on the phone.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't like talking on phones regardless, but id have to choose talking over texting.. Its quick and easy.. Texting you hear no emotions and its dumb to text someone your interested because they can text anything you want to hear.. The phone you can hear certain reactions.

• Talking for sure... texting just seems so blah. But when it all comes down to it I much prefer hanging out in person than anything else!

• texting. there's no awkward silences, and when you take a long time to think of something to say, you can just say you were in the bathroom or something.

• It depends on who it is. I can talk to certain people on the phone for hours, but if it's just anyone I prefer texting because I hate the awkwardness of some phone calls..so I voted B.

• i prefer talking

• I prefer talking, but I will text if I have to. Also, texting is sometimes a lot faster than calling them up and talking to them. Sometimes though I just want to hear the other person's voice, or I can't effectively say what I wanted to say without actually talking to them. It's mixed but I voted A, because that is what I really prefer.

• phone of course

• it depends on the situation and with who...for the most part I would have to say texting...unless the person is close to me..I love talking on the phone

• Texting and...texting!

• Talking on the phone, it's more personal.

• Definitely texting. I sometimes find talking on the phone awkward :)

• I won't ring anyone unless the thing I want to talk about is seriously urgent or important

• i like talking because I can tell if someones sincere by their voice; sometimes I can't tell if someones beign sincere or mocking me through a text, and it can sometimes lead to misunderstandings...

• Neither.

• Texting...its easier to express my emotions...and when I have a cold...no one can tell.

I like calling sometimes...lol

• I hate talking on the phone.