How do I make myself seem more open to men without seeming desperate?

I spent a large amount of my adult life not being interested in boyfriends and dating. Now, I am all grown up and ready for a comfortable relationship. However, throughout time I have somehow developed a way of shutting guys out long before they ever have the chance to ask me out. How do I stop doing this without seeming desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you already know were your problem lies, don't shut the guys out. And a guy won't think your desperate if you don't act that way like, being to clingy when you have just gone out and stuff, talking about marriage and kids immediately.

Just be a girl who likes to have fun with a guy and just be relaxed and kick it. Don't over think stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be yourself-don't feel any pressure from anyone(friends, parents). I just broke up with a girl(age 26) who started talking about kids and marriage on the first date, second date went to the parents,(very long story-could go on for hours about this). She is a nice girl but for some reason just felt like she had to get married immediately. So just let things flow and have fun!

• My family has already given up. They think I will never get married. I can take care of myself, so it's not like they have to do anything for me because I am not married. I just feel ready for a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• You have developed some bad habits. Take out some books from the library, like Why Men Marry Bitches, and watch a few episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker. Some of Patti Stanger's advice you can take with a grain of salt, but most of it is spot on. I would also suggest that you go out with a friend who is more open with guys, and watch how she talks to them.