Couples kissing in public?

Is it just me or do overly PDA couples bother you? I understand holding hands or whatever, but I find it unnecessary when people start kissing and making out in plain view, like in the middle of a store with dozens of people standing all around them.

I think that if you are so secure in your love you can just look at each other with those little smiles in public rather than be making out everywhere. I find that it is often the insecure couples who need to show physical affection all the time.

Also, it probably isn't intentional, but it sure does remind us single folks about our state of union and that isn't always fun either. Kind of like "we have each other and you're all alone"

What do you think of it?

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm not saying that anyone who kissed in public is insecure. What I mean is that certain couples I know who are always all over each other are just like that because they don't have a true bond, it's all physical.

Most Helpful Guy

• Now I thought PDA was something like a Blackberry. I guess I was wrong.

Look at it this way (yes I had to think about it for a moment before I clued in - Public Displays of Affection, but it wasn't obvious at first.) showing affection in public to any extent except for maying "doing it" out in public is OK with me. It's better than smacking each other around! I mean, which would you prefer? I prefer love over hate any time.

And being a bisexual I realize where things are at. I realized I would love to be highly affectionate with a significant other and part of why pat boyfriends didn't last is because they did NOT want to be seen -- doing things that straight people get away with doing in public, like kissing or even holding hands. So I met a woman. Hey, I'm not particular. And it was great to flaunt our new relationship out in public and she didn't mind. We've been married 12 years. We don't do that as much anymore, but it was great. If someone else doesn't like it, they don't have to look. We're not breaking any laws or hurting anyone else. Others SMOKING in public. That offends me. As long as people smoke in public, I guess it should be okay to suck face.

What Guys Said 8

• I like the attention it draws kissing her in public, but the making out in public means it's time to get a room.

• I don't have a problem with a couple kissing in public. As long as it's just kissing, I don't count it as "overly PDA".

• Eh, it doesn't bother me to see people having PDA. The cynical part of me thinks "Hey assh*les, you're at the top right now and that means it doesn't get any better AND it gets a whole hell of a lot worse. Enjoy!"

• It's stupid to act like you can't get home fast enough so you better just f*** each others' brains out in front of every person in the room. But some people are just like that.

• I don't pay attention lol so it doesn't affect me

• I think it's okay. As long as they ain't undressing in public though.

• F*** couples althogether especially the overly pda ones that sh*t really gets on my last nerve.

• As long as it doesn't get to the "get a room" stage it doesn't bother me. I'm happy for them

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know - I mean, I don't want to see people practically dry humping in a public place - but for the most part, I don't mind a bit of kissing in public.

I'm perpetually single, but I never feel like it's a slight on me, or them rubbing it in my face, intentionally or not, that they've got something I haven't. I just think it's two people openly expressing their feelings for each other. I mean, there's a level a think of decency and common courtisy that should be used. Like in certain places, really nothing more than a little closed mouth peck or something - but other times or places - eh.

I don't know - it just doesn't really bother me. I mean, in a store, yeah, might be a little OTT to have a big make out session and I wouldn't be comfortable myself doing it there - but at the same time, if a couple was making out in there I wouldn't feel offended or anything.

Some people are more tactile in nature than others and I don't think it's fair to write off couples that openly show their affection in that way as insecure - sometimes the moment just strikes.

• It's gros and makes everyone else uncomfortable. I saw a girl practically maul her bf(including grabbing his ass andpackage) while looking at me..I felt totally creeped out but I couldn't leave because unfortunatley I work with hthe public so at least I got paid. I feel like people do pda for the opposite reason of being secure. They are obviously really insecure and feel that everyone is a threat to their relationship.

• I never thought of it as a big deal...I rarely think anything of it if I see a couple making out or snuggling or whatever and if I do really notice, I just think it's sweet. I do it with my boyfriend and it's not because we're insecure, it's because we just really like each other and if he feels like kissing me, he'll do it

• It doesn't bother me. I think they're just showing how happy they are, and there's nothing wrong with showing happiness.

• For some reason it bothers me a lot. I mean I'm in a relationship and I just hate just even the only second kiss. I don't mind holding hands, but anything more than that bothers me.

• As long as it's just kissing and they're not about to engage in public dry humping, I don't mind.

• hehe, I see a lot of couples everyday, and yes it constantly reminds me i´m single and yes it can get a bit annoying lol, in that I agree with you xD, but normally i´m not really bothered to be honest, depending on what they are doing it can gross me out, but I need to confess they can get me turned on xD