It sounds stupid...but is it possible to develop allergies by being close to someone?

like dating. sex, kissing, sleeping...etc

i just thought it was weird...like what a coincidence! he has really bad allergies! and I've never had a problem going out till I started dating him. my allergic reaction towards some food, that I've had a long time has gotten worst too :o

and as soon as I started dating him.. I've been burping and farting a whole lot lol my burps changed too. its a lot louder than his or anyone I've heard :( its sad...

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmmn I'm not sure if allergies are contagious you should ask a doctor

the burping farting shouldn't really have to do you with your boyfriend, its all about your diet and how you maintain yourself, its your body and digestive system may be uve been eating bad foods lately? have you taken some weird medicines?

i have heard about the kiss of death where this girl was allergic to peanuts and her boyfriend ate peanuts or something then accidentally kissed her and she died from that kiss it was sad and tragic

• LOL that's sad yet funny :( its sad that some people can't even be in the same room as peanuts or whatever :(

What Guys Said 2

• It is possible to develop allergies. You might also be allergic to something he does/wears. My dad has a bad nut allergy and his girlfriend used to use cocoa butter a lot. He thought it was an STD and when it came back as an allergy he was stumped. It wasn't until after they broke up that he found a bottle of the stuff a this place.

• nonono I mean pollen allergies lol I rarely sneezed till I met him :( now I always have to carry tissues and pills :'( I doubt its something he wears!

• Does he own pets? Maybe it's his fabric softener.

• I think it is possible, but I have no clue of the science behind it...

What Girls Said 3

• I swear I'm allergic to my boyfriend. Maybe it is possible.

• It's possible. I guess his presence intensifies your sensitivity to certain things.

• If you mean, is allergies contagious, no. You can't contract allergies by being near another person. If you mean, can another person set off your allergies, yes. If they are wearing some type of clothing, perfume, etc that you are allergic to, you can have an allergic reaction to them. But you cannot actually get allergies just from contact. Allergies is not an STD, you are either born with them or develop them as your immune system worsens through age.