Should a guy listen to his mother's dating advices?

There's this girl that I am talking to, but my mom doesn't liker her. My mom thinks she trashy and that I should try to date nicer girls. My mom tells me that that girl just wants to sleep with me. However, I want to sleep with this girl too. Should I ignore my mom's dating advices?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to sleep with her and aren't going to pursue something more deeply then don't heed your mom's advice. You both are after the same thing so go for it.

On the flip side though, if you eventually meet a girl you want to get serious with then definitely consider your mom's advice. She has done more living than you and has experience. I used to have the mindset that my Mom was out of touch with my generation and didn't understand etc. But, I can tell you that my Mom is hardly ever wrong and I always consider her advice. Too bad it took me so long to discover that.

What Girls Said 3

• Parents will always think that any girl or boy isn't good enough for their son/daughter. Parents usually give the worst advice...your mum is only telling you this because she most likely doesn't like this girl, and doesn't want you to bring her into her house. She's also thinking about the possiblity of her getting pregnant, and being incorporated into the family, which she wouldn't like either. She doesn't care about what you want, she cares about what she wants.

• If you both just want to sleep with each other, then why not just be FWB?

• Yes, I'm sure his mother would be much happier with that... :p

• Well, assuming that his mother doesn't know his sex life, then why not?

• Oh my god, who listens to his mommy nowadays ? Don't do it, mate.

What Guys Said 4

• As a guy it is vital to always completely dismiss any advice from your mother when it concerns women and dating.

• I would say to mine to go on and date the girls she likes and give me a break and leave my personal life on me .

I think you may want to do the same :)

• I don't like the idea of disobeying your mom but if both of you are ready and are sexually attracted then go for it.

• well do what you feel like doing she's looking out for you but she can't protect you forever