Is dating a guy 10 years older a bad idea?

Im 20.

what are people's views/experiences about dating/being in a relationship with someone a lot older?

thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• My 31 year old friend is dating a 22 year old woman who just graduated. As long as they're both comfortable with that, I'm comfortable with that.

I don't know anyone personally who's dated in a range more than that, except for my uncle and aunt who married for friendship, and they've been married now over 10 years.

What Guys Said 7

• That's way to old for you. The guy is either really inexperienced...something wrong at his age.. or hoping to take advantage of you.

• It's not a good one. But everything you choose to do is something only you can decide on.

Good luck.

• Not at all as long as his experience with relationships doesn't far exceed your own. That could create the "I've been through this before persona" and cause arguments. Also you have to remember he may do things differently than say a 20 year old man. He may be less risky and spontaneous as well as not be quite so driven by the guy downstairs. Hope this helps and good luck.

• too old

• Are you looking to party or to settle down?

• I had the same experience, opposite though. I was 22 and the woman was 31. She wouldn't date me because I was too young.

• i don't think it would be a good idea. the age gap is too big for you guys, and it would get very complicated when you meet all his friends and vice versa. especially at 20 to 30. things could get very complicated when/if parents may get involved. sorry

What Girls Said 2

• I dated a 28 year old man a year ago when I was 21 years old. I have to say he was the sweetest guy I every dated and he was serious too. He was ready to settle down, me not so much. Plus there is a big generation gap which made it harder to relate to each other. The gap was the main reason it didn't work out. If your looking something serious( getting ready to settle down) then go for it. Just keep in mind that your only 20 and your going to want to drink, have fun , and explore the world.

• too much of an age difference