Why would you choose to use a dating website?

Now I'm thinking the days before internet people got by. Does the option now give you more hope to find love or do you feel like you don't want to resort to it? Does it seem desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it is because I have social anxiety problems. I have a hard time speaking with people even my close friends. But the internet gives me a better chance because I can write out what I want to say. Although I have tried one of those sites and I only got 3 girls to talk to me. 1st one just wanted to ask if I had weed. The 2nd was my mothers age. And the 3rd one sent a message and then every time I talked to her after she would just answer yes or no to everything I said.

• say you succeed in finding a girl on one of those sites; what will happen if she wants to meet you though? or you think the barrier of anxiety will be broken because the site allowed you to develop comfort?

• well it opens the door for me. Usualy I wouldn't even be able to talk to them. This way I can introduce myself to them and maybe they will get to like me and they can try and work with me if we do decide to ever meet.

What Guys Said 4

• because I don't have that many friends, well just not many close ones, they don't treat me like true friends, eventhough they never talk behind my back or never take advantage of me, never use me, but I always have to be the one to initiate any for of talking, communicating between them, they are never the first to call or text me first, which I hate and despise doing, they have lives but I don't, which is why they never or rarely answer their phone, or text

• i know the feeling, are you in high school?

• hmmm, yeah I was like that in high school 3 years ago but I had much better luck in college...sorry that's rough dude.

• well I went to 3 different high schools, so my social circle changed a lot

• I tried it and still subscribed to one, but it sucks... I don't really get any visits and girls never reply back

• I tried it because I don't have confidence to do it in real life. It gave me less hope. Girls don't respond.

• It seems a might desperate to me, though I am getting past that. It's helpful for shy folks like me, though I have not yet tried it myself. The only thing I do worry about is that I would feel like I'm "shopping" for girls.

What Girls Said 2

• I never really used a dating sight. I would sign up for the, but wasn't willing to pay or thought all the guys that wanted to talk to me were gross. But what did happen was I met my current boyfriend on some random chat room. It may seem desperate, but idc. We get along well and he's mad hot too! (:

• That's great! Pardon my asking (you don't have to answer) but is this a long distance relationship?

• Kind of. He lives 2 hrs away, but seeing each other isn't difficult. We either meet half way, or I'll go see him in the summer since he lives by the beach anyhow. Or during the school year he often stays over at my house because it takes him 1 hr 30 min to get to school and his school is also 1 hr 30 min from my house.

• Well it's one of meeting people and potential dates, but also freaky in the sense that there's a risk of being messaged by the desperate or those who are just weirdos or both!