Is it wrong to date someone younger?

Is it wrong to date a girl 5 years younger than me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with lovebird01, but considering she's 15 I don't know. I once dated a 16 year girl which was 4 years younger than I, the way I looked at it was when she's 20 I'm 24 so it wasn't that that bothered me, she was mature enough for me but at that age was emotionally unstable. so it didn't last long.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends a lot on your ages and your personalities and what kind of relationship you are really thinking about. Since everyone looks at relationships in a different way and expects different things out of them the situation changes. If your both in college or out and older its absolutely nothing. It is more complicated and harder to answer the younger you are. But again it depends on the person. Speaking for experience I did go out with someone 5 years older than me and to this day it is the best relationship I was ever in and we loved each other more than anything. It worked because that's the age I hung out with. I am the only girl in my entire huge family and always with my cousins that were 5 and 3 years older than me. But if she is that much younger there and under 18 per say there is a lot to think about and maturity and control have to be a part of the relationship. In the end though if you really care about each other give it a go

• I personally think it all depends on the girl. If she's mature enough for you and you geniunely like her then give it a go. However, age does matter when she's still a teen. If you're 24 and she's 19 not a big deal, if you're 18 and she's 13 it's huge!! Just think about it, you're out of high school and she's still in middle school right? It's weird. Although you like the girl you have to chose what's right for her. If that means waiting then wait but you shouldn't let other great people and opportunities pass you by b/c you're waiting on someone else.

What Guys Said 3

• At your age level, yes. At best we're talking 24-19 here.. that's no good. 23-18 is worse. 22-17 is bad. 21-16 yikes! Anything beneath that and Stabler and Benson will be checking on you.

Life experiences and maturity levels are too far apart in the younger age cohorts. 30 and 35 is meaningless, but 20's into the teens, not so much. It's better to ask and I'm glad you did. My opinion is that if you do date her, your friends will nickname you Joey Buttafuouco - and you don't need that.

• Well, it depends on your age. If you're 30 and the girl is 25, not a big deal. If you're 20, and she is 15, as long as you're not getting physically intimate, then you might be safe under most state laws.

• It depends on how old you and your date are now. The age difference thing diminishes the older you get, and becomes a less important factor in a relationship.