He doesn't ask me to hang out?

We've been together 8 months. We're great together, but I'm sick and tired of him not asking me out. We see each other once a week at the most, and I have to beg him to go out with me. It's rare for him to make the move, and if he does, it's because I detach myself from him for a little bit. We both have busy schedules but I know if he wanted to it would be easy to find time to be together. We text 2-3 times a day, don't talk on the phone or on aim more than once a week (when it does happen). We used to talk all the time... Is this just the honeymoon phase ending?

I hate playing games and this is just stressing me out like crazy. I'm going to talk to him (whenever I get to see him next... urg) because that's the thing to do, but seriously, what gives? Are guys just like that? I see couples who practically live together or whine when they haven't seen each other for a day... And he lives 10min away by car. It's like long-distance, but worse (since he actually is right here).

Anyway, share your thoughts, tell me if I'm absurdly clingy, advice, anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is like me and my boyfriend. We have been together for 2 years. Yes the "honeymoon" face has ended. And that's totally okay. He is prob comfortable with the relationship and doesn't see the need to constanly be attached at the hip withyou. It's not even healthy to have that type of relationship. Also he prob thinks that you will be te one to ask him out. But f it bothers you not talking to him as much or seeing him you can ALWAYS tell him how you feel.

Best of luck- Glitter

• He should still be putting more of an effort in to see her though.

• I agree with glitter. I've talked to him about this before but because we don't get to meet up much it was always over aim or something, and although he "understood" he kinda dismissed it pretty fast. Because we don't see each other much, it's harder to address whatever problem we have, as I fear it will give him the idea that meeting me will result in "annoying" conversations. I think he's just maybe "too" comfortable in the relationship.

• text...AIM? What the hell kinda relationship is this where you can't discuss relationship issues over the phone.

I don't know your situation well enough, but something is off about your "relationship".

What Guys Said 1

• This is your boyfriend? :-/

Hmm, doesn't sound like much of a relationship to me. That actually sounds like the relationship I have with my f*ck buddies or girls that I'm only sleeping with.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, it sounds like he's really not all that into you. Your boyfriend should be seeing you on a minimum of once a week, not a maximum of once a week. If he really cared about you he should enjoy your company and you shouldn't have to twist his arm to get him to go out with you. Something's wrong with this picture. I think you should find a different boyfriend who actually wants to spend time with you. It's not fair to you to be kept in the background like this.

• He could have another girl on the side that is taking up the other half of his time. I mean, I don't want to scare you, but some guys do that.