What is love at first sight?

What exactly is this? Is it maybe a feeling you get with random people when you first see them and know you want to be together? Or do you need to know the person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that's a difficult question because it is possible to fall in love without really knowing someone. Getting to know people takes time. But, When you first see someone and start to get that warm fuzzy feeling inside, its not love... You just vecome a little attatched and begin to crush on that person. You can't "love" an appearance because love isn't something physical. But in order to fall in love you have to have some sort of feelings towards them. I'm in love with a girl, and she loves me. I know about her and things she's been through but I still don't know "her". It would take a life time if that, to completely know someone.

What Guys Said 6

• It's extreme sexual attraction that you experience upon first meeting a person that later transforms into something more.

• People say it's bullsh*t because so very very very few people ever get to experience it. And therefore they've never met anybody whose experienced it themselves. But even if they met someone who said they've experienced love at first sight, they won't believe them anyway.

My previous girlfriend and I formed a relationship and fell for each other within 3 hours after first meeting. Which was shortly after I brought her back to my place and all our clothes had already come off. Love is a hard thing to put into words. I never believed in love at first sight until it happened to me.

• What is it? It's non-existent lol. Love isn't something that can happen without really knowing the other person almost inside-out.

• It's a feeling like when you see a chick right? And you tell yourself, "damn, I want to have her babies." Yeh, basically.

• there's no such thing as LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

some idiots claim to have that without realizing that it is just LUST AT FIRST SIGHT and they happen to spend the rest of their lives together

• When you need an hour-long shower and use up an entire shampoo bottle the same day D:

What Girls Said 10

• Well I met my boyfriend 4 years ago. I instantly thought he was very attractive and I wanted to be with him. I never wanted him to go away. But he olny stopped by for a little bit to talk to my cousin because they are friends. I didn't know him at all. I knew his name, but that was it. I kept asking my cousin to ask him to hang out with us.

He had a girlfriend and I moved away, so we didn't start dating until 10 months ago. He said that he actually DID notice me and DID think I was cute(even though I had very low self esteem because I used to be very big), but things got in the way of our dating, including his nerves when he wanted to ask me out lol.

I think love at first sight is that tingly feeling you get when you see someone, and it doesn't go away after you realize something bad about them or it fades. Love at first sight never fades.

I knew I loved him because he was the first boy that I had a crush on that strongly. And that feeling stayed longer than any other crush I had had before. I liked him for years, that's what makes it love<3

• when I first heard of my current boyfriend, I had no idea who he was at all. Then when my friend pointed him out to me, I saw him laughing with his friends, playing the trumpet a little and smiling... within a milisecond I felt like I was shot... I litteratly stepped back a couple feet. Now we're are close to celebrating our 1 year anniversary. I didn't know anything about him and I was head over heels, I had never thought being shot in the heart was possible in love terms. I blushed a little and was too nervous to see who he was. My friends got him to talk to me and he asked me out to the dance... I found out a month after dating that he had seen me and told himself 'I don't know when, but I'm probably going to date her' he didn't know my name or anything about me and now we are making plans to escape together and maybe move to tennessee together and what we would name our kids... we love each other very much and at first when we fell for the other... we had no clue in heck WHO the other was. Its a feeling that shocks your system and warms your face and heart, that is love at first sight.

• It's an illusion. I don't believe love at first sight exist...maybe you feel attracted based only on someone's looks, but it's impossible to happen love ''at first sight''. I actually believe that love grow with time once you really get to know the person.

• a crazy connection you feel the first time you see them.. I've never experienced it

• Well when my mum met my dad she said something clicked and it felt right, don't know if its really love but there was something:)

• bullsh*t, I need to know someone to actually love them.

• i think it's instant attraction/chemistry...

• It's absolute bullsh*t.

• love at first sight to me is when you meet someone for the first time and may be talk to them a little or get to know them through others and you can see a future and marriage and kids, and a life where no matter how much hardship will face the person you see as your partner for always will not let you down and so won't you because of the great and strong qualities you see in them/

• When your heart start beating so hard from the first look :)