Dating. How old is too old??

This boy wants to be more than friends. I really like him he's good looking smart, likes good music, sweet, really funny. When we talk I don't think about our age it feels right. But he is 6 years older than I am. I'm 18 he's 24. What do you consider too old?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say a boy is 24.. I would say he is a man.

I personally don't think that age gap is too big.

if you think he has a good personally, and all of the things you listed, I would say what have you got to lose?!

However, I did think the same about this guy who was 22, when I was 17.

I didn't really mind the age gap, as I prefer older guys.

However, when I wanted the relationship to go further, he dragged it out over a year, saying he didn't know if he was ready for a proper relationship, however me being niave, kept up, seeing him, doing things I wish I never did, and after the year. He got back into a relationship, with his ex.

I am really bitter about it now still. My advice to you. would be please don't believe everything you hear from him, get to know him more, and be sure he isn't going off with other girls too.

-try and get your best friends opinions- (I never took mine, I thought I knew him)

(they are only looking out for you, and honestly, they know what's best)

-If you have any doubt about him, go with it, and if you're proved wrong, GOOD!

-maybe play hard to get!

Hope this helps, sorry for banging on about me, but honestly, I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt like I was! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Six years is not too old, but I'd be more worried about the differences in maturity levels than anything else.

• I'm 23. I would go up to around 29.

• never too old

What Girls Said 2

• Some people say age Is just a number... Well that isn't always true. You have to be on the sane wavelength... At 18 you most likely aren't thinking marriage and kids;however, at 24 he may be. Talk about each of your plans for the future your ideal age for marriage, kids but do not talk about a future together... If you both want completely different things it won't work, but if you both want similar futures then age doesn't matter go for it! At 15 I liked a guy until I figured out he was 21 from my church... It wouldn't work because he was thinking marriage/kids and I was thinking graduate. Age mattered there because the important things to us didn't line up. Good luck :)

• 6 years is not too much, but 18 and 24 is. you guys are on different pages in your lives. it couldn't work out