Won't date because we're in the same friend group?

this guy I was hooking up with and really started liking said he didn't wanna date cause we were in the same friend group and he hates drama... I'm really upset now and don't know what to do. please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• when you start dating someone in the same friend group, it really changes the whole dynamic of the friendships. if he doesn't want to date you enough to risk the friendships he has, you've got to respect that. also... if you want a relationship with someone, don't start it out by hooking up with them.

What Guys Said 5

• What does being in the same friend group have to do with the two of you's happiness unless each of you screwed people that you both know within that group?

• If you're not his type, don't take it personally. If no one accepted rejection, then chances are that most people wouldn't be with the person they are now.

• Just get over him and move on theres nothin else u can do about it

• Find someone else I'm sure some else likes you

• nonsense!WTF!bollocks!hogwash!full of shit!get somone better!wat a dude!

What Girls Said 2

• I understand him. I'd probably do the same thing he did.

And think of it this way; if he really liked you, the friend group thing wouldn't be a problem at all. This is his way of saying: "I like you, but not more than all of my friends."

• yeah your probably right, it sucks to hear but its better knowing it that way then being strung along

• So true. Now you can move on, get a boyfriend who actually likes you for you, appreciates what he has and you'll be happy. =)

Good luck

• thanks :)

• I'm a girl but I totally get it. I quit dating guys in my crowd cause everyone else was always getting involved, especially the other females. I date a guy who does not hang out with us except for when I invite him along and that works out great.