Can you date if you don't have money?

I want an honest answer from both guys and girls

Especially guys, is it possible to date if you have no money

• YES
  • NO
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• It is very hard for a guy to date with no money, simply because many girls in this day and age believe that a guy should always pay for things when you go on at least the first couple of dates.

• i know because the first thing women ask is ...DO YOU HAVE JOB... even if her intension's aren't going after you money

What Girls Said 15

• It is possible. You don't have to have money at all. Plan a romantic picnic at a park, go on a nature, have a romantic night in cooking dinner with her, take her out to a nice garden. I have no money and I still take my boyfriend out sometimes. I do treat him because that is only fair, but we try to go on low cost dates. So we look up the local tourism website and see what free stuff is going on. Usually there is a festival or something going on. Even if there is not, you can always be romantic in other ways.

If a girl doesn't like you because you don't have money then she isn't worth it.

• Seriously, did people think everyone in history would have any romantic relationship because of money? Sure they might not have had much time, but even the hard working peasants would do something romantic for the person they loved :\ money != a good date or good romance. Our society is becoming WAY too materialistic.

• I couldn't agree more. Too many people think they HAVE to do something that requires money in order to have fun, but that's just plain silliness! I have had so many great dates that cost nothing! There are tonnes of romantic things to do without money :)

• You can, but you have to be a lot more creative with your dates.

• Yes it's posdible to date or have a relationship with little money. Two people can enjoy time together without spending too much money or any money. I.e. Go for long walks to get to know one another or a home made picnic in the park rather than dinner/lunch at a restaurant. Couples can also just chill indoors. Watch a movie on TV or something or dance to music on the radio instead of going to a club. Having fun reallh much depends on the two people, what they are like and how much they are attracted to each other. If one of the two are materialistic or expects the other to pay for everything, then there may be problems. In the longer run, if both people fail to have a survivable amount of money, then it can get tough. But as long as both have enough for the most basic living costs then things should be ok.

• yes :) the park and land are free, talking is free, time is free

i wouldn't mind if he was honest with me and told me his situation we would work around it

• It's difficult, but not impossible. My boyfriend and I barely have any money to spend, yet we have just enough to go on dates once in a while. In the long run the person you date is an investment and unless you marry them the investment isn't really worth it. lol.

• You really shouldn't, but people still do it any ways...You should spend your time trying to better yourself and make money rather than trying to date girls/guys...Money rules the world...and believe it or not how much money you have and what you can offer matters a lot when it comes to women... A whole lot...

• Yes! Just be creative! Do stuff that needs no money and there are places you can go for free on cretin days! : )

• NO NO NO! Don't date me if you don't have money in the bank cause I ain't paying for you and I like to go all over the place (I have my own money to pay for my little adventures) and you need to be able to keep up. Ugh and that also shows you're a poor investor and worker, get two jobs or something there's no excuse to be broke if you don't have a family to take care of

• let me point out how wrong you are. Someone who is broke is not necessarily a poor worker nor necessarily a poor investor. Hell, they might not have HAD ANY money to invest from the start. This stupid mentality pushed by the media and the rich that everyone who is poor is poor because they suck needs to stop. They might have gone to school that is way overpriced because of the greed of the executives in charge of the school. They might not have a job (in the US) because of how many jobs have

• plan of action

• and honestly if you were financially stable would you want to date a girl who had no job, no money, and no future? And constantly used your money to pay for her expenses?

• yea ..why should that stop someone from dating?

• Yeah :D A bit of creativity and you can work it out :)

• girls can get away with being kinda skint, but it'd be really rude of them. guys can't really unless their girlfriend is willing to cover all the time. and if you ask her on a date, you're expected to pay. likewise, if she asks you, then she's supposed to cover the bill.

• leach!

scrub!

• heheh I'm still a kid so its a yes right now,the guy can go to my house or I can go to his or we can go to the park where it cost no money.We don't have to pay bills quite yet.When I'm older though,its a NO if they have NO money at all.

• of course it is. just gotta do cheaper things and take turns

• I will not date a guy that has no money. Would a guy date me if I was ugly? Would a guy date me if I was broke and asking him for money every time he turned around? I really don't want anyone criticizing me for my choice and preferences. If I don't want to date a broke guy what's it to any of you? All broke guys(and I do know a lot of them) aren't exactly sweet romantic chaps, they can be jerks and assholes like any other guy except there is no benefit to being with them because they have no $$$. The broke guy is still gonna want sexual favors, expect you to do things for him like cook, look good on his arm, etc. but he can't do anything for you? Yeah I'll pass, I'd rather be single

What Guys Said 6

• date? no.. Love? yes.. dating requires money, love requires commitment

• lol of course you can. Anyone who NEEDS money to date (or requires their partner to have) is entirely too shallow and immature and shouldn't be dating anyways.

• I disagree why would I want to date a bum when I'm doing well?

• A wise man also once said a fool and his money will soon part and it is a miracle they got together in the first place so if you do not know how to handle your money that also tells me something. I'm not into guys that HAVE money but blow it on useless things as well, I'm not rich never have been don't want to be I just want stability and and...I sound like a broken record so I've made my point I'm done

• You claim this and that, but you don't seem to acknowledge how shallow and pathetic it is you focus on money. Oh well. Maybe you'll grow up. Or you'll miss out on a great guy and deserve it.

• You can date if you don't have money, providing the other person is paying.

• just goes to show you that girls are gold-diggers

• date? no, love? yes...

• yea there are a lot of fun things to do without money.