Is it better to hurt now or later?

When you are seeing someone you like, but they are just "biding time" with you, should you let them go immediately and deal with them pain then? Or should you continue to hang out with them and have fun while you're with them and feel miserable after the date, then when/if they meet someone and dump you, feel miserable?

I guess to make it easy to understand, is it better to feel less pain and be without them in the beginning, or get to know them and get attached and let it hurt more later?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather leave them as soon as I found out they weren't serious about me. It's tough to recover from a breakup, especially if it wasn't a mutual thing. Logically it sounds like a much better idea to leave sooner rather then later though, it will hurt, but it's only going to get worse if you stay around. Also, if there's no love left in the relationship, what's the point of hanging around? Company? Isn't that what friends are for?

Hurt now and be done with them. Good riddance :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with the others. If I know it's just going to end, I'd rather just get it over with. There's no sense in getting attached to someone who won't be sticking around. And it will only end up hurting you more, the deeper your feelings get for them.

• When I see a dead-end. I leave as early as I can. Getting attached hurts more.

• u should leave them and put up with the pain now and find someone else to have fun with