Meeting someone online?

How do feel about people meeting other people off the internet?

What are some of your experiences of meeting someone online? Is this something that will be more accepted since people are becoming more in-tune with technology and the internet so much?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is becoming more and more acceptable.. we begin to hear about more and more people who have met there significant other online...

Personally I was never looking for love or real life friendship online... But one day got chatting to a very lovely guy online... we kept talking and over the course a year we really got to know each other we would chat online on the phone and text... untill we decided that we would both like to put a face to a name so to speak (even though we had skyped for a year so I did know he was who he said he was)...

So he flew to dublin and I met him at the airport (it was public and crowded so I knew I was safe) He came through those double doors and all my hopes and fears all at once were realised... I loved him the minute I saw him... We never had any romantic intention we never talked about it... we were meeting as friends but we both knew we wanted more of each other..

So we spent four wonderful days together and then he went home and we did the long distance relationship for 2 years then he proposed on Valentine's day after we had been to romeo and juliet it was wonderful..

He moved to dublin and got a job and were due to be married in spring and I couldn't be happier

So I see no wrong in internet dating or friendships now... But I used to so I could understand why others would have issues...

What Guys Said 4

• well as a concept I was opposed and I still don't go out of my way to do this, but I've met some really good people on this site, so idk. The problem arises when you cross the line between close internet friends and actually meeting people

• why has there to be a line as long as your safe and careful about it? We are all people!

• i'm saying it's a lot harder to actually go and find someone than it is to talk to them online, and people may behave differently online than in person so that can have an effect and people might not be the way you expect them etc

• We know each other in a net game.And his school near my school,so we see each other and eating some food\talk some interesting thing in game\drink some beer.he is a boy by the way lol

• It's becoming more normal all the time

• Do it all the time. It's just like meeting regular people the regular way.

What Girls Said 2

• I think such relationships are becoming more acceptable though you have to be very careful.

• Just be EXTREMELY careful how close you get if they're a long ways away. It really sucks when you find out he's lying about something... then you don't know what the person you're falling for has been honest about or lying about so it gets a little tricky. :( It's much easier for people to be dishonest via email, IM, texting, talking, etc, and harder to deal with if/when they are, then in person.