Do girls consider a 5'8 guy to be short?

Well from a dating perspective is 5'8 short for a guy ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the average male height in the US is 5'10" so technically it is considered short. But does that mean you're too short to date? Absolutely not! My boyfriend is only 5'6" I'd actually rather have a short guy than a super tall guy. I love my boyfriends height because we fit together nicely when we cuddle and I don't have to strain my neck to kiss him lol. I think with most girls as long as the guy is taller than she is, that's all that matters. And most girls are definitely shorter than 5'8"

What Girls Said 13

• The avg height for a guy is 5'10" so he falls a bit below. However, it all depends on the girl as long as you can wear hills and he is a good inch or so taller its fine.

• im 5'7 so you have the guy would still have one inch, but in heels it would be a Tom Cruise Katie Holmes thing, that's okay though, its not short and most girls are two or three inches shorter than me

• So what's your preferred range then ? Maybe 5'9 and above ?

• No that's about average for me I'm about that height and my bf's tend to be as tall as me. Guys may think that's short.

• Nope. Still an inch and a half taller than me lol.

• oh so you prefer guy slightly taller ( 2-3 inches) as opposed to a guy who's a foot taller ?

• I don't prefer anything, as long as he's at least my height he's fine.(:

• No, I'd say that's pretty well perfect! I'm almost 5'7" btw

• Haha..interesting ! So you actually prefer a guy to be somewhat close to your height as opposed to much taller ?

• Height doesn't matter to me, the guy I like is actually shorter than me by about an inch ;)

• He would be 6 inches taller than me. Not too short at all.

• yes , that's short.

• No, 5' 8 is average.

• so I'm guessing height is not an important factor for you when it comes to dating ?

• nope! as long as he's taller than me, I'm 4' 11 so it shouldn't be that difficult Lol

• No, I find that average.

• Just of curiousity , what are the heights of the guy you've dated/dating ?

• About the 5'10" range, but really, if he's taller than me I don't mind.

• Perfect height.

• Sorry, I'm curious... why'd do say that?

• I'm short, I stand just under 5'2... 5'8 is just the perfect height for me (and that is the height that my guy is). He is still over 6 inches taller than me. I think to much taller would be kind of awkward, I would have to look way up to look in his eyes... Why? Are you close to that height?

• Yes.

• definitely not short.. I think it's an average to above average height :)

• No That's A Normal Size, But Depending On Where Your From!

• I'm from the US , so that's normal ?

What Guys Said 1

• In my family no guy is 5'8, everyone is at least hit the 6'0 mark. So yes in my opinion that is very short.

• that's ridiculous , it's most definitely not "Very short" , at worst it's slightly short