Dating without a car?

I am currently in High school, and have yet to get a car, but I still wish to date. Is it considered "uncool" or just downright unattractive to have your parents or elder sibling take you to go places with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I think there is a double standard, because I'm a girl and guys ask to drive me places because they want to pick me up but with guys they are sort of expected to have this car, for me no its okay, you don't need a car I mean you're in high school, so am i, and I don't have a car so I wouldn't mind

its not uncool but you need to make sure they drop you off with her and leave

What Girls Said 4

• In my book, no. But that is just me.. I could really care less as long as they don't come with us on the date. That would be awkward, very much so.

• I wouldn't want to ride WITH you and your mom/sib because I feel like that would be awkward, but if we just met up wherever we were going, that would be okay since I have a car of my own. But once I was going to hang out with a guy who was a year younger and couldn't drive and I was just going to pick him up. He canceled last minute because I think he was nervous :( Bless his heart.

• hold up.. haven't you asked this question before?

How far apart do you both live from each other? can you bike ride to each others' house? Maybe you should hang out with her after school and get your parents to pick you up after.

• of course not. most people in hs are in your exact position

What Guys Said 2

• i never really dated until I was driving. I could never bring myself to have my parents drive me and my girl around.

• yah cause your gonna have this awkward pressure in their presence. You should just meet afterschool and walk somewhere or see if she can drive. If not, take a bus or a cab?

• bit harder where I live, closest mall is a 20 miles, and movie theaters same. I live in a small County, no buses and never seen a Taxi in my life besides movies

• hmm well you just gotta hangout somewhere close then. Where there's a will there's a way