Internet Dating Cool or not Cool?

Do internet Dating sites really work? In my realm of friends I only hear about a friend of a friend who knows someone who knew a guy that met the love of his life on line. I'm sure it happens but is it more hype than actual results?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think internet is just a reflection of the overall society. If today's world values blings and shiny covers in real life, it could only get worse on the internet as it is much easier to cover your real self. And if this cover up is intentional, it will end up bad regardless of it being online or offline. And I must add that I have never seen an internet profile of someone saying, I am mildly depressed, workaholic, and am a player cheating on every girlfriend I had, to make me feel important. These rather translate as, Fun, outgoing, and social.

So to answer your question, I do believe that it might work, but the chances are probably less than that of in real life. One advantage might be the ease of browsing thru different profiles and sending them a message to start things off whereas when you are out there, you have to walk up to them and talk and maybe even buy drinks..

• You make some valid points, but its all about being honest and forthright in who you really are. All I can say to you is,it worked for me. As I said below, that's where I met my fiance. Incidentally, I see you are from Sweden. My fiance is from Finland.

What Girls Said 1

• I been online dating for awhile now because I don't have time to go bars or don't like going to them.I'm usually the shy type so its easier for me to met someone online but its been like other places. I met a few potential people and met people who weren't for me. I still looking but I take it easy because I know it can be dangerous but I know how to take things. Someone emailed me the other day asking me out because I have pics on the profile that I use. Its myspace. Went out and had good time kept it casual. Hung out at his work and went to see his house. watched movies and got to know each other. So if you looking for people just be careful because weirdo out there. good luck to find someone.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm 19 and I have 3 friends that date online on a regular basis. They are all pretty happy with it and only say good things about it. I haven't tried yet but I hear it can work out.

I also heard on radio last week that there was a big poll carried out and they found out that 17% of people who sign up to online dating sites find exactly what they were looking for. It's not such a good percentage, but hey, how often do you go to a bar and meet someone you really like? If you're thinking about it, give it a shot. It seems like these days a lot of people are trying it and it works.

• That sounds like a good percentage to me. It translates to what, five nights out looking, with one success?

• OK, I can really weigh in on this one! I started internet dating after my divorce several years ago. It was a good way to get back into the dating scene, versus going to bars, or waiting to meet someone the traditional way. After about 18 months, and going through a half-dozen women, I met the love of my life on-line! We have been together for almost two years now, and plan to marry. So, I'm here to tell you, it CAN work.

• My sister and her boyfriend have been going out for over 5 years, It all started online. probably not on a dating site though.

My friend and his girlfriend get to see each other about twice a year and they met via the internet, and have been together for at least 2 or 3 years.

I had an online girlfriend myself, but I managed to screw that up.

Four more of my friends have online relationships, they seem to be doing alright with it.

• It's like meeting someone in a bar... you might not be able to see them well. I dunno actually. I met my girlfriend over the internet, its only caused problems because she's not the best looking and she lives far.

• Hey I'm trying it and I think it's great!!! I've met someone on there that I thought I wouldn't...and we are hitting it off at this rate If we stick it out I'm going to keep her forever..you should try it..really that's what all the women are doing these days.....