Why would she text me?

I received a text message from a girl that I used to be crazy for but never went out with. we had occasional contact since summer ended, but yesterday I got a text message from her saying "hey happy thanksgiving! :)" I was surprised that she texted me because I was almost sure that she didn't like me anymore. the odd thing about it is that she said happy thanksgiving to her friends through facebook but she didn't do so with me, instead she sends a text. why is that?

oh oops I forgot to say that the text had my name in it. "hey happy thanksgiving 'my name'! :)"

Most Helpful Girl

• well I don't know make sure it wasnt a mass text to everyone. but since it had your name in it, probably wasnt. May b she always liked you and things just never went the way she wanted them to go. I am like that, I wanted to text a guy that liked me too and we would talk but nothing really happened but I wish it did. Don't ask her to hang out right away because you are not sure what exactly she wants, just say hey thanks how was yours. ask what she has been up to etc. general stuff if she keeps the convo going and keeps talking you know she still likes you and just be like hey lets hang out .that is even if you still like her. But a girl won't just txt some guy randomly if she didn't like him

What Girls Said 4

• Well, honestly, you could just be looking too far into it, or it could mean she likes you.

You just really never know.

It could be good either way.

• That is very special for a girl to specifically send one to you. Facebook ones are generic, but a personalized one means she was thinking of you before she sent it. Good sign!

• i think she just wants to be friends with you

• She may very well like you. However, I would caution you, because it could have been a "mass text" to everyone in her phone. I had quite a few friends do that for thanksgiving. Then maybe when she was on facebook she forgot bout you. Do not take that personally though. Maybe she was in a rush. Be careful. Do not read too much into this.

• Sorry, I forgot to type that the text had my name in it.

What Guys Said 2

• maybe she has reconsidered. she might miss the attention you once gave her. if you are still interested text her or call her. Ask her how her thanksgiving was then just tell her you two should get together one day. That way you let her know you are still interested. I suggest to leave it at that point unless she makes plans with you. if she makes the plans then do it. If not end the call nicely and tell her you hope to hear from her soon. Say goodbye and use her name.

• Ever thought she might only be friends? Just because she texted you doesn't mean she likes you. And yea, she might have forgotten you have a facebook or maybe she just forgot to send it to you so she texted it to you. But who knows, look into it and talk to her, maybe she does want something more.