Guys, would you date a girl who did stand-up?

I'm thinking of getting into doing stand-up...I'm always making people laugh and am always the one saying the funny things. I've tried it before at school, etc and got really good laughs and people always applauded me. I LOVE watching stand-up and want to try it out in front of larger crowds, I just am afraid I will stop being sexy toward my boyfriend and totally become "the funny girl". guys would you date a chick who did stand-up? a girl who was actually really good?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same way. I like to make people laugh and smile, and in general feel better. Usually I do funny, or stupid, puns. :P I figure if I can get 'em to smile, it's good. I don't watch much stand-up myself, however. I do think Bill Cosby ("Himself" in particular), is excellent. :)

As to your question, it'd not bother me really. I guess the only thing that might worry about me is I might be the butt of a lot of her jokes. I'd know she'd not mean it in a malicious manner, but if we were going out, it might get old seeing people say "Oh, so *that's* her boyfriend/husband!" and start snickering. :P

What Guys Said 16

• I like girls who make ma laugh, so it might be okay. Though I would worry about the things she would say about me on stage...

• Why wouldn't we think a funny girl can also be sexy? I wouldn't mind if she were a clown. Its just a job after all.

• From a personality perspective, it would be no problem whatsoever. People with talent are always interesting to be around.

BUT... stand-up requires a TON of traveling, with many comics on the road 250-300 days a year. That would mean I would hardly ever see you (assuming you got on the pro circuit). THAT would make it very difficult.

• Maybe if she was the type that was constantly picking at things like comedians do on-stage, then I might feel like a target lol. Especially if she could tear me up with words, that wouldn't be cool. But no, I don't think I'd have a problem with being with a comedian. Maybe that stuff above is just a stage persona of them and not really how they act.

• I'd totally be into a girl that did stand-up, that would be cool. I think many female comedians still stay very sexy and are still very funny. You just need to figure how to balance it out.

'The funny girl" IMO is mostly the girl that likes to pull practical jokes on people and laughs at the dumbest things.

• Yeah, I think it would be cool.

BTW on your profile you said you like electronica music so I thought you might be interested in the Saturday Night House Party that's going on now in Tampa: link

• Sure I would.

If the relationship got serious though, I might worry a bit about the trend of there being a lot of drugs and partying in that scene though, but would probably get through it.

• Oh HELL YES! And I'd totally be cool with her using our relationship sh*t in her act...as long as she was reasonably fair about it. Women who do stand up are a major turn on for me.

• I would absolutely love it.

• Even if she's a total bomb, it wouldn't deter me =] Anyway, in comedy you either invent a persona or amplify your own, so if your sexy now either be sexy onstage or sexy in spite of the stage. With the add-on of you being funny. They are diminishing levels, like...

• This your dream? Then what's the problem? Besides any girl with a sense of humor is worth her weight in gold. And even funny girls can be bombshells.

Now about those free tickets to the show =)

• I don't see why not

• yeah I think it would be cool

• nothing wrong with it... I like women who are extroverts, funny women...

• it would be awesome! a sense of humor is so important

• it would be fun to date a stand up because it would lots fun all time with hjer trying all her new stuff out on me so she would know what is real good or bobs

just to let you know if you what to try it you can go to the laugh factory in LA they have an open mic night for people that what to be a sand up don,t know day but you can find out on the net

What Girls Said 2

• That's something we would do at house parties, everyone gets three minutes on the dais to entertain and the winner gets a prize, usually money. Guys love it. There's so much you can do, especially with a team member, male or female, such as act out pick up scenes. And if you speak another language it's always funny when you start cussing with it, if your timing is right.

• Yeah, stand-up is cool.