18 year old dating a 27 year old?

what are your thoughts on this

the 18 year old is female

the 27 year old is male

just so you know this is me and my boyfriend I'm talking about lol
we want the same things , we are both mature

im going to college and he's had his job for 6 years

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that this age gap is significant enough to really impact your relationship negatively. If you're mature for your age (which, from what I can gather, you are), then the relationship will be fine. Luckily, a guy in his 20's looks great with a younger woman, and so no one is going to see you two walking by and think to his or herself, "Wow, talk about a trophy-wife waiting to happen!"

So, if you're wondering if it looks weird, not at all! And if you're wondering whether the age difference is too vast a gap to bridge with maturity, you've no reason to worry. As long as the two of you approach the situation with open minds, you should have a great relationship! Just remember that communication is key.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 13

• It's fine. Age is just a number, and I wish people would stop prejudice on 15-18 year old girls who like guys in their 20s. It doesn't make them pedophiles, and just because it's against the law to have sex until a certain age, doesn't mean two people can't still love each other, which is what matters in the end. *sigh*

• I was 28 and my wife to be was 18. Everything was great. We married 4 years later. All was good until our only child was born. I craved attention that I once had but went to the child. Thirteen years later we divorced.

The age difference was hard but I worked through it. She was a young mature lady with a few childish actions. I am on my second wife with me being 10 years older. We have been together 17 years.

Could I still be with my first wife had we not have a child? Maybe. I am glad I met my current wife and would have missed out knowing her.

• awe thanks so much for your story :)

• not right. The maturity side of things makes this gap too much.

• Totally fine.

• My girlfriend is 17 years old, and I think it's one sexy dynamic.

Plus if you don't care, nobody else will.

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 9

• If everything is going good and you two love each other, then I don't see anything wrong with it. I dated a 27 year old when I was 18 and he wasn't a prince charming. He basically was a jerk to me and was seeing other girls (we were not official). Basically the situation with me was that I met him, he wanted to get to know me better before we decided anything went any further. So that's what we were doing. But he started acting like a jerk. He was never my boyfriend, but we were seeing each other. He was also seeing other girls, stringing them along for a few years, I found this out after time. He lied and said I was the only girl, and gave me a big long story of how he had been hurt and couldn't find love, blah blah blah :P Haha Ya right, he was playing a bunch of girls, when I found out, I was out of there. Left him to his own misery, and I am glad I did.

But it can work out. If this guy treats you like gold them stay with him :) Age shouldn't matter unless people are getting manipulated. But if you and him both want the same things and are happy, then I think you two should stick together :)

• I wouldn't do it. You're just starting college and he's been working for 6 years, you're at completely different places in your life. College is the best time of your life, enjoy it with people who are in the same stage of life as you are

• I don't think there's a problem with it. You are 18 after all. There have been people with much wider age gaps.

• I don't think much of it. There cannot be much in common. Sex maybe.

My son is 27 & he said he would never date anyone under 23 or 24, not mature enough. For a 27 y.o. to go after an 18 y.o. is pretty stalkerish to me. It may be legal, but sad.

• i went after him lol :)

• Like I said, not much in common. You're going to go to college, & he's been working for 6 yrs. That's very different. But whatever floats your boat.

• it's fine

More from Girls
4