the 27 year old is male

Updates:
just so you know this is me and my boyfriend I'm talking about lol
we want the same things , we are both mature

im going to college and he's had his job for 6 years

0|0
9|13

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that this age gap is significant enough to really impact your relationship negatively. If you're mature for your age (which, from what I can gather, you are), then the relationship will be fine. Luckily, a guy in his 20's looks great with a younger woman, and so no one is going to see you two walking by and think to his or herself, "Wow, talk about a trophy-wife waiting to happen!"

So, if you're wondering if it looks weird, not at all! And if you're wondering whether the age difference is too vast a gap to bridge with maturity, you've no reason to worry. As long as the two of you approach the situation with open minds, you should have a great relationship! Just remember that communication is key.

1|1
GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 13

• It's fine. Age is just a number, and I wish people would stop prejudice on 15-18 year old girls who like guys in their 20s. It doesn't make them pedophiles, and just because it's against the law to have sex until a certain age, doesn't mean two people can't still love each other, which is what matters in the end. *sigh*

0|1
  • I was 28 and my wife to be was 18. Everything was great. We married 4 years later. All was good until our only child was born. I craved attention that I once had but went to the child. Thirteen years later we divorced.

The age difference was hard but I worked through it. She was a young mature lady with a few childish actions. I am on my second wife with me being 10 years older. We have been together 17 years.

Could I still be with my first wife had we not have a child? Maybe. I am glad I met my current wife and would have missed out knowing her.

1|0
    • awe thanks so much for your story :)

• not right. The maturity side of things makes this gap too much.

0|1
  • Totally fine.

1|0
  • My girlfriend is 17 years old, and I think it's one sexy dynamic.

Plus if you don't care, nobody else will.

1|0
More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• If everything is going good and you two love each other, then I don't see anything wrong with it. I dated a 27 year old when I was 18 and he wasn't a prince charming. He basically was a jerk to me and was seeing other girls (we were not official). Basically the situation with me was that I met him, he wanted to get to know me better before we decided anything went any further. So that's what we were doing. But he started acting like a jerk. He was never my boyfriend, but we were seeing each other. He was also seeing other girls, stringing them along for a few years, I found this out after time. He lied and said I was the only girl, and gave me a big long story of how he had been hurt and couldn't find love, blah blah blah :P Haha Ya right, he was playing a bunch of girls, when I found out, I was out of there. Left him to his own misery, and I am glad I did.

But it can work out. If this guy treats you like gold them stay with him :) Age shouldn't matter unless people are getting manipulated. But if you and him both want the same things and are happy, then I think you two should stick together :)

0|0
  • I wouldn't do it. You're just starting college and he's been working for 6 years, you're at completely different places in your life. College is the best time of your life, enjoy it with people who are in the same stage of life as you are

0|0
  • I don't think there's a problem with it. You are 18 after all. There have been people with much wider age gaps.

1|1
  • I don't think much of it. There cannot be much in common. Sex maybe.

My son is 27 & he said he would never date anyone under 23 or 24, not mature enough. For a 27 y.o. to go after an 18 y.o. is pretty stalkerish to me. It may be legal, but sad.

1|0
    • i went after him lol :)

• Like I said, not much in common. You're going to go to college, & he's been working for 6 yrs. That's very different. But whatever floats your boat.

• it's fine

0|0
More from Girls