Kiss on the cheek? When is it acceptable?

Is it just when people are in a relationship?

Can it be with friends (guy & girl)?

What does it mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really mean anything.

I kiss tons of people on the cheek; it's pretty common to greet people or say goodbye with a kiss on the cheek - so I'll do that with my family and friends, even just acquaintances that aren't really close friends yet.

It's not really that affectionate at all.

What Guys Said 3

• It doesn't mean much at all. In Europe, a kiss on the cheek can be given to work colleagues as an informal greeting. Between friends, it's the same.

• No, not really with friends. Usually just with family or couples.

• (Family, or couples, or people who are more than friends. It's a bit strange if it's just between friends - usually if that happens, there's more to the relationship.)

• LOL wow I'm way off judging by the others' answers. Oh well, at least I learned something :P

• It doesn't mean a thing.

What Girls Said 8

• I have heard that hugging or kissing on the cheek is jus a classic way of greeting.I think it's acceptable whether frendshp or relationshp.And if it means anything am sure it means you are sweet.One of my guy friend always kisses me on the cheek when I do smthing which he thinks is sweet.

• I kiss my good friends, both male and female, on the cheek.

• it's acceptable with both.

• It means nothing. That's how I say hi to my friends, guys & girls and also to my cousins. It's just a way of saying hi

• it's OK with family and friends

• A kiss on the cheek means nothing to me.

• I kiss my friends on the cheeck, its like a family type love lol..

• I've thought about it before.. Kiss cheek I leave it to family never done it to any friends bit if it don't mean much I might start doing it to my guy friends:)