Would you ever date someone with a criminal record?

Not like the small stuff i.e. overdue parking tickets, DUI"s. I'm talking about crimes like felonious assault and armed robbery etc. you get it

I wouldn't date someone with a serious crimial history at all but...I could date someone that HAD a DUI

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone deserves a second chance and their potential to change or to HAVE changed already should be acknowledged.

We all make mistakes, they just happened to be a bit overboard and happened to get caught.

Of course, If I were a girl, I wouldn't consider dating a guy who has a SERIOUS criminal record with several criminal offences.

In other words, a rapist murderer sex offender is not quite on my bucket list, but in some cases, why not give it a try if it doesn't potentially endanger you in particular.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think I'd even be friends with someone who would drink and drive, no matter whether they got caught or not. Otherwise, no, I wouldn't date a cheater or felon of any kind.

• Ok Mr. I've never done anything wrong and people don't make mistakes

• Driving a vehicle after drinking isn't a mistake, it's a potentially lethal flaw of character. I'm not friends with people who start bar fights either. I'm in a position to choose friends and lovers carefully, so I do. A mistake is excusable if you truly change - but 99% of all people don't change, can't change or think they have but didn't. So if I was convinced beyond doubt, yes, but without extensive, compelling proof, I wouldn't. It's only common sense.

• No. I would never consider dating someone with a criminal history including a DUI. Driving drunk shows a great deal of stupidity and disregard for the safety of others.

• Any violent crime is a big no to me

• No cause I don't date stupid people.

• I once dated a girl who admitted to me she was declared legally insane. I should have run away then.

• How about a 24 year old guy who got arrested for selling packaged beef door to door without a license.

• Haha, was it *your* packaged beef?

• I thought the guy you were talking about was actually you - that's why I asked that.

• No lol. My ex gf's loser brother.

• Yes, because I assume that's how we'd meet.

What Girls Said 6

• People make mistakes. I wouldn't write somebody off on criminal record alone, unless they were violent crimes or crimes that strongly offended my morals.

It would depend on when the crime took place, nature of the crime, and if the criminal activity is still continuing - and probably on other things I can't think of.

• i would never date such a person.

• if they truly changed then sure

• yeah I don't really care. most guys have somewhat of a criminal record so if I sat there and said "i will never date a guy who's committed a crime" I'd be crossing out a huge potential of guys.

it does depend on the crime though. all criminals aren't made equally. if he has a sex offense charge, stalking, crack/cocaine/meth use then hell no. and I'd have to find out the specifics on the battery/assault

btw I think DUI is pretty big of a deal, I mean you're getting behind the wheel drunk, potentially putting other people's lives at risk I think that is just as serious as assault/robbery and stuff like that.

• no

• Probably but not drugs that's too much for me to deal with.