Meeting my online boyfriend?

Okay so I don't want any hate mail, but we've been "together" for over three years, and haven't met. We text and call each other all the time. We'll he's going to be in town and we're going to meet up, but the thing is I'm afraid I'm not pretty enough. His friends that are girls are so pretty, and he's seen pictures of me, but those ones I was a lot lighter, but with summer I've gotten super dark and don't feel as pretty. So guys, if you were in his position, tell me what'd you do if I wasn't what you expected. Like I want to give him a hug, but I'm afraid he'll think I'm gross looking and it'll be awkward. Oh yeah, he's super good looking.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm no guy, but I need to tell you a couple of things.

1: Online dating is dangerous, but it works for some. Just get to know him better.

Now that we got that over with, the real problem... answer to your problem.

2: He'll like you for you, and if he likes you, he won't care how you look. (trust me on this. I'm not pretty but my boyfriend keep telling me I am. Half the time I think he's nut, but he tells his friends that he thinks I am pretty, like actually pretty.) Point of the story, stop worrying girl. He'll like you for you, or he doesn't deserve you.

3: Feel pretty, because you are. If you think you are beautiful, others will too.

4: If you've never met him before, it will be awkward no matter what. But if you want to give him a hug, go for it. Be open about it because he needs to know you better, and same goes for you. Just remember awkward is good... kind of... well it can be good. I mean you're meeting him for the first time. Don't worry.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 3

• i wouldn't worry about it. If he sees you and "thinks your gross" then you don't want anything to do with him anyways because he is shallow. And most guys prefer tan girls fyi. Also if uv never had a live chat with webcam with him you don't even know if he was lieing to u. You should have a friend b with you when you meet. Might not have to let him know she is with u. Just have a friend near by. Be safe have fun and don't worry about how you look your being to harsh on yourselfdont even know if he was lieing to u. You should have a friend b with you when you meet. Might not have to let him know she is with u. Just have a friend near by. Be safe have fun and don't worry about how you look your being to harsh on yourself

• Remember these are pictures he's sending you. Probably neither he nor the girls are really that good looking. For all you know, they could all be of other people.

Don't get your hopes up. Rarely do these cyber romances work out, although the media plays up the few that do. Hey, a few would work if you just picked names out of a hat...

• Maybe bring an FBI agent with you the first time you meet in person.

What Girls Said 0