I'm just curious on peoples thoughts on the website plentyoffish?

I just got an account recently and its not typically something I would usually do, even people on the website ask me why someone pretty like me is on it. I just never get the chance to really meet people a lot and it just makes me feel nice to have decent conversations with people. Do you guys think that dating websites have become more normal now? Is it strange I got one?

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my exwife on pof in 2005

What Guys Said 2

• Its very normal. Its hard to met someone that is looking for a relationship in a club. At least on line you can find out some basics, about a person, before you even talk with them.

• Dating websites are still awful, and plenty off fish is too crowded. No one really wants to return your messages, and it's really hard for a guy to stand out among 50 other guys.

What Girls Said 4

• lol I joined about 3 months ago and so far they've all been DUDS and I haven't even met one in person yet! I've always been skeptical about dating websites and want to be able to meet someone the old fashioned way for the fact I don't want to have to tell anyone that I met my boyfriend or husband on the internet. Sure it may be more common now but I even feel some what "loserish" to have to do that. I'd NEVER pay for a dating website though because I'd feel like I'm having to pay to find love which is dumb. I wish there were some better choices on there though!

• personally I don't like plenty of fish, I only ever found jerks on there.. OKcupid was much better. it's kinda like a free eharmoney.

dating websites are very common now, and nope not strange at all.

• They're definitely becoming popular and I can tell you I met my boyfriend online. On a dating site? No. Just some random chat room and we ended up getting along really well. He's an amazing guy and I love him so much! (:

• It's normal, I just got one, but I'm not serious about it. I don't know, it's just something about forcing it that makes me uncomfortable. There's good looking guys but my guess is that most of them only seek an intimate encounter. I hate to sound like a bitch but I looked around at the girls section and like 95% are not very pretty. Most look slutty and gross so I kind of feel embarassed for having one up on that site. I would trust paid sites more.

• hahahahahaha I did the exact same thing and realized I was too classy for it. Yeahh I agree with you because I literally got offered money for sex on there and I was just disgusted with it all.