Would a guy not date a girl because her name is the same as his sister's?

Would a guy not date a girl cause her name is the same as his sisters? o.o

Most Helpful Girl

• No. My name is Kay, and my boyfriend's sister's name is Katherine, but they've been calling her Kay since birth. It's confusing if we're in the same room and he's speaking to one of us, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

What Guys Said 3

• it would be really weird for me because I've associated that name with my sister all my life and now I'd be associating it with my sister AND my girlfriend which is like a messed up contradiction. I wouldn't do it. But luckily my sisters both have really uncommon names XD

• Hahaha what that would be a horrible, horrible reason not to date someone!

• It would be pretty weird for me, but I guess it would be alright if she let me call her by some nickname. I wouldn't want to be screaming out my sisters name in bed, after all.

What Girls Said 5

• some I'd imagine lol. I wouldn't date a guy with one of my brothers names! one guy who dated me had to call me by a nick name because I had the same name as his ex wife yikes!

on the same note, My cousin married a girl with the same name as his mom. I personally find it a bit odd

• Ive Went Out With Guys That Have the Same Name As One Of My Family Member ..&& iDont Find It Weird

• Maybe- but personally I wouldn't waste my time with a guy who wouldn't date me because of that :) I understand it would be difficult for him but if he really liked me then he should be able to get over that fact :)

• i doubt it.

• No. My brother dated a girl with the same name. Okay, it's my middle name and her first name, but you get the point. It would be a pretty stupid reason not to date someone.