I recently signed up for an Internet dating website. The first day I received several flirts and emails. One guy really caught my attention with his profile/photos/flirt so I replied to him [truth be told I replied to several]. After I flirted back, he sent me an email. He was nice and straight forward. We exchanged two more emails then he asked if we could video chat over SKYPE. This made me nervous [because he is a stranger]. I asked him if we could communicate via email so that I could get comfortable with him and asked some friends for advice. My friends said not to talk with a guy that was in such a hurry.
I look exactly like the pictures I have posted on my profile so I am not hiding how I look - basically I am just an inexperienced 'internet dater'. I meet most men in person :D.
Since I am not "knowledgeable" about online dating, I have the following questions:
- Is it normal for a guy to want to video chat within days of meeting you online?
- How soon do most people talk via telephone or video chat?
- Should I be leary? Is he just trying to engage me into video chat sex or actually get to know me?
He provided me with his business website and youtube videos for his business.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Most Helpful Guy
If guys could choose when to video chat with a woman they met online, most of them would choose to do it almost immediately. There is nothing truly "forward" about it, it's more or less confirmation that you actually uphold the pictures you've posted on your profile.
I'd be lying if I said that guys don't look for "webcam sex". Those types of guys exist. But webcams and sex don't go part and parcel. You can have one without the other, and it's unfair to assume that this is what he's going for unless he proves otherwise.
So, to answer your questions.
1. Yes, it's absolutely normal.
2. For most people, I'd say within a week.
3. Don't be leary unless he gives you a reason to be. He seems like a sensible guy. Since you aren't meeting in person quite yet, give him the benefit of the doubt since no harm can be done.
- Show AllShow Less