Do guys prefer shorter or taller girls?

I guess you could say I'm a bit self-conscious. I'm not even that short, (around 5'2''), but I've been reading a lot of answers lately that say how much of an attribute being tall is. I'm just worried that someone my height ends up looking dumpy beside a taller girl. If you had the choice between the two, which would you choose, short or tall? I know men are not shallow creatures that choose girls based on height, but just bear with me. Please give me your opinions.

For the sake of this question:

Shorter = Below 5'5

Taller = 5'5 and Above

Most Helpful Guy

• I like girls shorter than me, I would date a girl my height (6'1) if we really did connect but my main preference is just any girl shorter than me, preferably from at least 5'10 down. If she is even 4'11 I wouldn't care I would deffinitly find that attractive lol short is cute

What Guys Said 11

• Personally, I don't mind, just would prefer for her to be shorter then me or at least the same height at most. Most guys are the same,but depending on the guys height he might prefer a girl the same height. For example , if you got a guy who is 6'3, he might be comfortable with dating a girl who is 5'10 or 5'11 over the idea of a girl who is 5'5. As well as some guy friends I know of who are shorter then me dislikes tall girls completely, even taller then them by once inch. It differs depending on the guy. Keep your chin up, you will find a guy proper for you =)

• The height issue is generally associated for girls wanting a certain minimum height for guys. Not the other way around (usually).

I'm 6'1 and prefer woman between 5'0 to 5'11. Which is a pretty broad range.

• Personally I couldn't care less about height.

• im 5'11 and your tall is perfect.

• Guys usually tend to prefer shorter girls. Most probably just want a girl to be at least a little shorter than them. I personally don't care about height.

• Most guys prefer girls just a little shorter than them. I wouldn't ask a girl out that was taller than me, I know that.

• i don't care for height as long as the girl is my type, BUT I naturally have a thing for shorter girls.

• I prefer you. :-D

• Tall girls. If I mate with a girl I want tall kids.

• Short girls tend to have really tight, round asses, while tall girls tend to have long, sexy legs. So I think both groups have their advantages.

• As long as she can wear heels and still be my height or shorter than me with them on!

What Girls Said 2

• Most guys prefer girls shorter than them, just like most girls want guys taller. I'm 5'8" and I would only date guys my height or taller. You basically get the pick of the crop.

• Don't worry about it, I'm the same height. Chances are they are only focusing on how cute you are rather than what your height is. Additionally we have the chance to attract the "short"- medium height guys since they prefer someone shorter. My ex was 5'5" and I'm dating someone of around that height currently.