How was it the first time you lived with a significant other?

I've lived alone for about three years now, and before that I lived at home with my parents. My boyfriend is talking about moving in together, and the idea is really scary to me. I would love to hear other people's experiences with living with a significant other for the first time. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• well when I moved in to live with my husband, it was... not that bad. The thing is it is different for me since I married my guy and he was in the army. He would leave for months at a time. I was really lonely. We didn't have any money problems, the goverment gave us money to pay rent etc. It was nice. The only problem was that he lived with someone before me and he brags about it so I got really mad and told him to go suck her in wherever state she was and that I was going to leave him all the time. Well I didn't leave him, I am married to him. But I was getting sick of him and his behavior of putting me second place to him, when he told me he always put his ex first to him. for example he said that he drove his ex everywhere but with me he complains to drive me 10 min somewhere. He said he never argued with his ex, but he argues with me on every little thing. He says he gave his ex massages every night but he refuses to give me any. He says he always allowed his ex to do the sex position she liked which was on top but he never does the sex position I like which is missionary. He's just so frustrating that I just want to shove his face in... but anyways I married him because he wouldn't give up on me (sort of like that girl in A door to December by dean koontz)

What Guys Said 2

• for me it was great...then it got bad...real bad...i don't know why really, I was 21, she was 20...maybe we were too young

but she is my ex now and I'm 24 and we lived with each other for a year and a half...

its COMPLETELY different living with the other person, you will see a whole new side to them you never knew they had...but hey, it may be for the best, you can't judge just because someone else had a good or bad time living with the other...everyone is different, the choice is yours!

• It was awesome. We had sex all the time and plenty of money to go do things because we shared the load at home.

What Girls Said 3

• There's good and bad to it, but I think it's important to get to know that person so intimately if you plan to get married or have a long term relationship. It's a great learning experience for both of you, and it really is like being married, or preparation for it. All the little things that you never knew about each other come out, and you see what you're really like as individuals and as a couple. I've lived with my boyfriend for a year and a half, dating for three years, and it's been good and bad, but overall pretty damn great.

• I love living with my boyfriend. Having someone to come home to, watching movies at night, cooking dinner together, sex whenever I want it...it's just great. Not only all of that, but you really get to know someone when you live with them. That's not always a good thing, but for me it is. I like that I know him better than anyone else does and vice-versa.

• Well it depends on how well you and your partner get along. Living together could be a wonderful experience, or it could be a nightmare.

I lived with my ex for about two years and it was awful. We fought all the time and I hated coming home. But we were a terrible match for each other and he had personality issues. However, I think it could be amazing if I ever lived with my current boyfriend. We get along great and I would love to come home to him every day.