Poetry reading, FIRST date?

I am thinking about asking a girl to a poetry reading...why? well because we are both literate and both like to read and I think we would both enjoy it..however...sometimes poetry readings can be a bit romantic...and I am not sure if it would be a good FIRST date...which got me thinking...

So my question is...do you think this is a good FIRST date idea...or should I just stick to dinner and a movie...(boring)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a lovely first date idea! Go for it, dinner and a movie is so boring and she will expect it so take he to the reading. I guarantee she will love you for it :)

What Girls Said 2

• I would love that, that's awesome...can you take me instead...?...(jk)

The thing is, and I am being extremely sterotypical here, but if you were taking someone,in order to have them experience something you like...then no it would not be a good idea for a first date. However, you've mentioned that the girl is interested in this kind of thing, then yes it is a good first date, it gives you something to connect over. Don't worry if it is too romantic, if she's as well read as you are, then she'll know what to expect.

Personally thumbs up from me...10/10

• If she's into poetry, sure! But just because she's literate, eloquent, loves to read doesn't necessarily mean she's into poetry. I am very intelligent and love to read but I down-right despise poetry. If it does get too romantic or suggestive it could leave her creeped out, also I would watch out for depressing, angsty poetry as that would definitely put off the happy mood of your date.

What Guys Said 2

• Well if your both poets, writers or just enjoy reading and writing and the arts then it is a good first date.

• i don't know it seems too suggestive, if you get my drift