What do you think about a 14 year old dating an 18 year old?

My little sister wants to date this guy and he's 18 and he wants to date her too. I want to know what you honestly think about this. I really want to hear other peoples opinions :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like my sister's relationship. The thing you'd have to worry about is 1. she's jailbait, in a major way, 2. he's going to be leaving(I'm assuming) for college and 3. she's 14, just starting high school and just being surrounded by guys her age, and as us girls are sometimes a little nuts in general, especially at that age, if she starts to think she's in love, but he's not sure, he won't dump her because of his fear of her saying something that'll end him up in jail and screw with his life. In turn she may lose out on finding out what different guys there are at the school. In all honesty, I don't see it as being a good idea, there's too much at risk.

• and whats worse is, she can cry wolf, and hed still go to jail, because she's a girl. he could do nothing to her, but she could take him to jail and get money from him just cause she cried rape

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think that it would be a good idea , because most boys don't really mature by 18 , so it would be better if she just played with the boys of her age , I don't say that 4 years of a gap are too many , but those 4 years form 14-18 are years that somebody change a lot and I don't think that's a good idea , but anyway its really a matter that you should only try to advice her and not try to force her or anything because it may backfire . Good luck to both of you girls ..

• I had that age difference with a girl and it all worked out fine. So long as she's mature and doesn't act childish and play immature games, she'll be fine (get to meet the guy ofc).

• Er. NO. Ever heard of the 3 year rule? 4 years is too much in youth.

• She's 14. It's probably not that she's interested in this guy, she's just interested in dating and having a boyfriend of some sort.

• personally I think it's OK if both are REALLY OK with it. the law part is just what might get in the way.

What Girls Said 11

• It's normal.

Most guys would f*ck a 14 year old or 12 year old.

Guys value youth & beauty.

If she has curves or has gone through puberty or going through puberty they're down with it.

Oh by the way age gap is the only time guys think of the future with relationships.

They'll say a 19 year old with a 13 year old isn't bad because when he's 30 she'll be 24.

• nah I think it's icky.

Again it's one of those times that if he were 24 and she were 20 it'd be okay.

but at 18 you are in a whole different stage of development than at 14.

But hey that's just me.

• Not good. Honestly dangerous for the guy and the girl both, but for different reasons.

• I think personally it would be OK. When I was 15 I dated an 18 year old...we talked like every night but we had boundaries. Such as: not a lot of touching, hugs, kiss (but no tongue), and we were serious not for fun. Fun things we did were go to the movies, shop together, and go to restaurants. But also, my mama and his mama are really good friends, so I think you should meet him and make sure he doesn't want to harm her. Finally, they have to be careful because she is a minor to him.

• umm I don't know but if she does date him just tell her not to b naive when he tells her stuff because since she is so young he might think that she will fall for anything that he says

• Jailbate. Haha kidding :) I'd tell them to wait a little while, like a few years. If they still wanna date after that then go for it, because it's more than a crush. But if they quickly lose interest, it's not worth it

• if she were 16 and he was 18...it would have been better...

but to think of this...it sort of adds up...

in high school...freshmeat can date seniors..

they are sort of around the same criteria.

• I think it's weird until she turns 18. That's just me. She's a child.

• If they don't intend on doing IT for at least 2 years then yes

• If they sleep together, that's really illegal. Also, it's kindof a really big age difference. Where I'm from, you're legally an adult at 18, and at 14 you're not even in high school yet. Idk, that's too big of an age gap.

• Here where I live you see a lot of that...Actually my best friend who is 14(almost 15) is dating a 19 year old..Honestly my opinion is that this is ok..As long as they love each other but physical relation should definitely wait