Best way to end a "casual" dating situation...Guys would you prefer a convo or for the girl to just fade away?

I've been casually dating this guy 4 1\2 months. Really I've been waiting on him to step up, intiate more time together, call more, etc. I had the talk with him about a month ago about what he wants and he says he wants a girlfriend yet we are not a couple. I'm tired and done with waiting on him to come around.

My question is what's the best way to end it? The dreaded talk or just fading away (stop calling, texting, etc)?

One more fact, we work in the same building, but in different companies, which is why I'm concerned about my approach. I telecommute 3-4 days per week so I could successfully go M.I.A just not sure if that's the best.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talking and letting us know would be prefered. Most guys would get the hit if it faded away, but a quick explanation that you are moving on would save a lot of time and frustration.

What Guys Said 2

• If it's casual I see no reason for anyone to feel inclined to justify their actions. Just fade away. No point in braking up if you were never dating in the first place.

• I agree. I'm just worried about things being weird when we run into each other at work.

• Definitely talk. When a girl fades away like that, at least for me, I constantly feel like I did something wrong or something that may have scared her away. I would much rather just be confronted and told that they don't like me, or whatever.

• In this case I actually like him but I feel like he did do something wrong, he's giving me the run around. He says he wants to be with me and then won't commit. I don't understand that. If you want me why not close the deal? If you don't, why lie? You're probably right, talking to him is the way to have the least amount of confusion in the end.

What Girls Said 0