Guys (age 20-23), under what conditions would you date someone underage?

If she were attractive, mature, very smart, funny, and low-maintenance, etc... would ever consider being more than friends?

Originally, I meant "underage" to be under 18 (I was trying to avoid being snagged by a moderator). But all this insight is great! Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you mean under 21? Because my boyfriend is 25 and I'm 19. It's never been an issue for us. He doesn't regular bars, so it's not like it's a big deal. It was also funny when we met because he had just ended a relationship with this crazy 18 year old girl. We started dating when I was 18. lol. Probably because I rock and the other girl was insane. (:

What Guys Said 5

• By underage do you mean like 16 or just under 20? I'd date a mature 19 year old and maybe an 18 year old but I doubt it, but never a 16 year old.

• Honestly, it depends on her emotional stability. Dating her means probably sex, and that means possible imprisonment for "rape". Basically it puts her in a massive power position over him because at any time she could theoretically report him. So a guys biggest concerns would be is she emotionally stable enough to handle it if the relationship doesn't work out even after sex, and trustworthy enough to never use this power under any possible circumstances. Attractive, smart, funny, low-maintenance ect. are all great qualities in any woman, but considering laws about this it would be her discretion (ability to keep a secret) that would be a non negotiable requirement. Because honestly, if imprisonment as a "rapist" is in the back of his mind, those other qualities are meaningless. So if you can convince him you would never do that to him, and that you are emotionally stable enough to not act impulsively on emotion even if he breaks up with you, then you might have a chance. But considering emotional stability and ability to keep a secret are two things teenage girls are not known for, you would need to do some serious convincing that you really cared for him.

• How underage? if under 18, I think most guys are afraid of moral issues. But if 18 then there doesn't seem to be any issue at all. As long as she's good its OK and the guy isn't like 25+.

• I doubt it. I rarely see anyone under 18 anyway. 18 is already 4 years younger and most of the time a different maturity since it's only just out of high.

• But taking into your circumstances maybe. 16 is the lowest.

• Yes.

• If she were, say, 17?

• As long as she's very mature for her age, yes. As in close to my maturity level, and I'm exceptionally mature for my age, so it's rather unlikely. However, if she was mature enough, absolutely.

• Ha. Thank you, monsieur. :)

I appreciate your acceptance of the possibility that said 17 year-old girl is mature (outlandish, I know). :D

What Girls Said 0