Should I text him baxk or let it go?

I messaged this guy asking if he wanted to hang out to return a favor. He said anytime and gave me his number. Should I text him or is that a sign he's not inTerested? I don't know if he picked up that was me sorta asking him out

Advice?

I did. and we have been texting on and off for the last three hours lol, but when I asked what day he was free its been over an hour :S did I mess up. I wasn't crazy texting him randomly - just responding to his replies

Most Helpful Guy

• Lady, if he didn't want to spend time with you, he wouldn't have sent you the number. Believe me, I'm a guy, girls have wanted to hang out, and I've weaseled out of giving my number. He's very open to spending time you, so ask him out, if you want to!

• I did. and we have been texting on and off for the last three hours lol, but when I asked what day he was free its been over an hour :S did I mess up. I wasn't crazy texting him randomly - just responding to his replies

• Would coffee be bad

• Yes, it's fine!

What Guys Said 10

• Wait a second, you ask him to hang out, he says "yeah," then gave you his number where you can presumably reach him any time you want, and you somehow concluded he *doesn't* want to hang out with you?

I think that would officially qualify as the least logical 'syllogism' I have ever come across, and I've seen some f-cking doozies in my time.

• Ask him out dear Women don't always have to be so cryptic and hinting. I think it will make him very happy and tell him you like him if you call him back and ask if the two of you want to grab a bite to eat

• I swear some people shouldn't be able to ask questions .

• Just text him!

• To return a favor? seems like you acted uninterested (or at least just obligated). If I use the term "anytime" I am normally very interested.

• Uh, text him. It's pretty obvious..

• did. and we have been texting on and off for the last three hours lol, but when I asked what day he was free its been over an hour :S did I mess up. I wasn't crazy texting him randomly - just responding to his replies

• Text him. He gave you his number...

thats a pretty big sign I guess

• you pick the day. tell him that you want to hang out. make it seem kinda big

• How does that show he isn't interested?

• Just those dating sites and stuff says if the guy ask you to call him he's not into you. And that he wants you to chase him. You think it a good sign?

• Well the worst happened. He said he text me and he never did. He text me two days later and acted like nothing happened I did bring it up in a jab sort of way but he just ignored it an answers another text I sent and I haven't heard from him since three days ago. So he's a flake who dint really like me right?

• if you barely know him why do you like him anyway?

• i agree just text him in no way did he say he was not interested just kinda kept the ball in your court instead of taking the pass

• well putting the ball in my court.. isn't that a guy who wants me to chase him and he doesn't really care?

• lol well the one worded I don't think is a good sign. You know any good ideas? lol

• what he is saying in my opinion is any time is good for him, look this guy wants you too lead tell him straight up a day and time and chances are he will say that's fine

• over analysing... girls will be girls.

• i agree, over analyzing screws up a lot of good opportunities, but we just can't help it! We always want to be right!

• you always want to be right but always end up being wrong. :)

• It should be effortless...go with the flow. No expectations=no heartbreaks :)

What Girls Said 7

• if he wasn't interested then he would have said something like yea sure just message me...not given you his number. lol if he gave you his number then that means yes hit me up to hang. Don't think too much into it girl lol

• Well he gave you his number. I don't see how that shows that he isn't interested. I think that you should text him and ask him. This time, make sure he knows that you're talking about a date and not just hanging out.

• He gave you his number... does he have yours?

Text him. Obviously he wants you to or he wouldn't have given you his number.

• I would text him. If he doesn't respond then just call him. Don't be shy! :) Show that you're a confident girl that goes after what she wants! Also have a venue in mind cause you're the one asking him.

• I have been talking to him for the last three hours on and off. he would respond instantly and when I asked what day he was free he hasn't answered and its been over an hour. Did I mess up? I wasn't crazy texting him just going off his replies.

• lol so is this going in the right direction or wrong one?

• I think the only way to really tell if he's interested is to be bold and call him up

• text him... don't over analyse

• yeah. he told you to text him to set up a date, doo it

• You were not clear enough in your message. I'd say plan a date & let him know. If he shows up, then great. If he didn't or gave you some excuses, then you know the answer.