No one wants to hang out with me.

Its summer now and iv texted about 7 people asking them if we could meet up sometime. 4 of them Haven't even replied and the other 3 have either said they are busy or they just tried to change the subject. Last year I didn't do anything with anyone, I just stayed home on my laptop for 6 weeks and I don't want the same thing to happen this year. I wanted it to be the kind of summer were I go out with friends nearly every day and take loads of pictures and stuff but none of my friends seem to want to do anything with me. Its really upsetting and I just want to cry since I feel so unwanted. Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• Having friends and doing fun things are both very important. Sometimes friendships dissolve and new ones form. I've found that it is easier to get involved in things that you want to do so you are around people with a like interest. This could be youth groups as previously mentioned or just about anything else that gets you around people. If you have Meetup.com groups in your area browse them and see what sounds like fun, you'll find all kinds of people of all ages doing many different things. You could just go someplace where people your age are and after awhile you'll likely start meeting new people.

You can also pick something fun to do, make a plan, then invite a friend. Sometimes it's easier to do things with people when there is an activity rather than just hanging out somewhere. Without knowing where you live or what you like it's hard to make suggestions of what but there Is very likely something fun to do.

However you choose to get around like minded people make sure to be yourself and have fun. Don't worry about meeting your best friend the first time out, it may take awhile. If you are having fun, smiling, talking, and enjoying being there you will meet people. Don't be negative and say things like "none of my friends want to hang out with me" instead, just enjoy what you're doing and if your friends come up in conversations say something more like "my friends and I don't always enjoy the same things" or "none of my friends wanted to do this but it just sounded like fun". You don't want to come across as desperate or you'll push people away.

I've been in that spot too many times, it's not easy and it's not fun but it doesn't take that long to turn it around as long as you have a good attitude and you get yourself around people who enjoy the same things. Just get out of the house and do something! I've met people while walking by the lake (I love dogs so I can't help stopping to pet them & I sometimes talk to their owners) and I met one of my past girlfriends when I met up with a photo group for a hike. I'm not very socially inclined but I know how to smile and say hi which is sometimes enough to get started.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Join a volunteer club or try to volunteer with youth members at the YMCA or your local church community.

Other than that, you can ask your parents to sign you up for summer camps or whatever they have in your town.

Or you can try to just join the local YMCA and sign up for a team sport like volley ball or basketball.

You can also see if you have friends around your neighborhood that you guys can hang out together. When I was 9-12 I always had close neighborhood friends. When I grew up I had my youth group and my sister.

Do you have family? Maybe your sister or your brother can be your best friend.