Why do girls only want to date the "hottest" guys?

They won't settle for just an average guy, why? I can't get a girlfriend and any girl I'm interested in is always talking about some hot guy she likes or whatever (even though they can't get that guy) so like ya wtf am I just that ugly or what

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't really blame them.

It's not just a matter of being fun to look at, men that get so much traffic tend to know how to be interesting and fun to be with as well. They've dated many more women on average and know how to appeal to women. In short, they have more experience.

Don't let their droolings over some attractive male scare you off. Sure, I may joke about how I sent Leelee Sobieski an application to be her sex slave (I'm still waiting for her reply), that doesn't mean I'm serious.

I mean jeez. Look at men. We get excited about every attractive woman we see, and the women that matter in our lives still come after us. Just don't be intimidated when she fawns over the attractive guy on campus.

What Girls Said 4

• cause we don't want to ''settle'' we want to get the best we can,men do too,it's the only logical way to look for a partner

• I'm not asking for any girls to settle for me but just give me a chance and if they don't think I'm good enough they can just tell me.

• honestly I get your point. the "want what you can't have" thing, but for me I think its better to have an average guy that treats you right than a "hot" guy. hot guys usually end up breaking your heart in the long run. I'm sure you will find the right girl for you and I highly doubt you're ugly. good luck!

• I'm pretty ugly I think, but thanks for the positive comment. =) <----you made me smile

• aww see there's your problem! just have the confidence and rock it! don't be over cocky but respect yourself. that's the first step to getting a girl to respect and then show intrest in you.

glad to make you smile though (:

• Guys who complain about this are usually going after the "hottest" girls. Go for ones whom are in your league, so to speak, and there are plenty.

• i don't look to find the hottest girl I can find, I look for girls who I think are funny and can have a good time. I'm a pretty realistic person.

• Not all of us seek the "hot" guy. We aren't superficial creatures as your description implies. And maybe this "hot" guy is good in heart too. You can be good looking AND good-hearted. So, don't make false generalizations.

The thing is probably you do not socialize much. You should go out, take fun classes, do sports, etc...then you will find the right girl for you. It takes effort on one's behalf to find a special person.

P.S. Nobody's ugly.

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you think settling is a good thing? Settling to me means giving up on going for what you really want

• Why would you go for the 'hot' girl? I think you will find the reasons are very similar to those you seek as the answer to your question.

• I am not talking about settling but they don't even give guys a chance in my opinion.

• How many fugly women did you give a chance to today?

• we all want healthy babies, even if that is the last thing we want to happen

• They will settle for an average guy, you don't know what you are talking about. Here's the thing, they will flirt and crowd around a hot guy, to fantasize, but if an average guy has the guts to go talk to her and shows interest and confidence she will start talking to him and exploring that possibility. I get tons of girls crowding around me, and have seen this happen plenty of times. You just have to realize, that you have to be in their ballpark. You're not going to steal away the most competitive girls from the hot guy. These girls feel like they have a chance and are going to work on the guy they want. The average girls that are not getting any signs of interest from the hot guy would be happy to meet an average guy that is truly interested in them.

• I have a fear of being rejected , any way you get over that? I am scared that I will be rejected and made fun of. (witch is weird because I'm a rather intimidating person)