Too much for a girl to call?

Does guys think a girl is too pushy if she always calls him first or does guys like that?

So how much is too much for a girl to call? Should she not call him and wait for him to call her or just go on what she feels?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look -- it's all about your paradigm. If you are insecure and worried about how he's going to view you, then yes, I would be annoyed at you calling; because I don't want to be associated with a chick like that.

On the other hand, if you have your mind together, and you call, because you want to talk to me, and you know why you're calling, you can call me whenever you wish. Now let's say you call 30 times a day? Probably not my kind of chick either. BUT that doesn't mean that if you call once a day I'll like you any more! It's a LIFESTYLE! We like women who have a life (well, looser guys want a girl who revolves around them. successful guys want a successful, mentally healthy girl)

So be yourself, and be what you want to attract. If you are insecure and unsure about what you want, you will attract a guy that is insecure and unsure what he wants.

What Guys Said 14

• 1|0
  • Once or twice a day is good enough, and yes most guys like it if the girl calls the guy first but its tradition that the guy calls the girl so it usually happens that way. If your too pushy, normally the guy will tell you to lay back a little, so if he hasn't done that yet, you probably are fine.

• If they guy thinks you're being too pushy will he really tell you that? because what if he just starts ignoring you then you don't know what's going on. it's better to tell ppl, that way at least they know. so just curious, will a guy actually tell the girl?

• If he's smart, respectful, and nice, then he will

• Honestly I think that there's nothing wrong with a girl being the first to call in this day and age, in fact a lot of guys prefer it. It shows early on that the woman isn't the type of person who would make the guy shoulder all the responsibility in a relationship.

• Yeah but it makes you guys LAZYYYY

• By that logic girls are supposed to stay in the kitchen and cook and clean and make babies. so if you want to play by old school rules then you should play by old school rules. you make the guy initiate everything, and you stay in the kitchen and cook and clean and do what you're told like a good little girl.

• Makes sense.

• I love it when a woman I like texts me 1st. But women seem to want the man to do the 1st texting/ringing. So go ahead and text a guy 1st, try not to do it 1st all the time cos it should be up to him to text and ring you now and then. But its really nice to hear from the woman 1st :)

• I like it when girls call or text first, but not too much. Once a day is fine for me.

I don't usually carry my cell phone at work, and it bugs me when anyone (male or female) calls me once, then calls again 30 minutes later to ask why I haven't returned their call -- I typically can only check my phone at lunch and after work. So don't always expect a quick response. That's a downside to cell phones in my opinion, when people expect an IMMEDIATE response and feel put off if they have to wait a few hours.

• Totally true! though I don't have the problem of missing a call or text very much now because I have a ton of free time but sometimes whenever I try calling or texting a certain guy and can't get a hold of him I start to panic. it usually turns out that they weren't trying to ignore me at all; in fact one guy had actually lost his phone for a couple days and I had ended up calling and texting him one too many times.

• i would love the girl to call me, even if did not find her attractive, if I gave her number after we had good time, she can call me all day and night, ill be there listening on the phone, try to talk abt him, and make sure you like to, guys hate listening to girls yapping abt their problem but we do it anyway bcoz we care

• Can you tell me this, what in that statement of "i would love the girl to call me doesn't just call you lazy..? "jw I know not all the time but yeah

• Believe me, I was always the one to call the girl first now that I can't be bothered and let them call

• i like it when the girl calls to give me the hint that she is into me as long as she doesn't become a tease

• its cool for the girl to call.but do it too much and it is like you are just checking up on us to see what we are doing or who we are with.know what I mean?

• hell call him. I am not sure if calling first is a problem. Being overly suffocating or pushy could be. It should be obvious if he seems annoyed at too many calls.

If not sure ...find a quiet time and simply ask him.

• its definitely not a bad thing. go on what you feel.

• I like it when the girl calls. But yeah, it can get a little pushy.

• totally disagree with the experts, women can call first, its not a rule that you cant

• i like it when a girl calls me, but if ahe calls all the time it can get a little bit annoying

• As long as she isn't too clingy, its fine. I personally like it when a girls talks to me first. I will talk to her first as well; its a great way to judge interest level.

What Girls Said 10

• i would just call if I feel like it. I called my then ex-bf like once a week and he was like it wasnt enough, so it just depends.;*)

• Guys never like it when a girl is buggin them in any way, being clingy like that is a big turn off for guys and runs them away. Just do everything in moderation. Call when you feel like it but not too much. makes you look desperate or needy. A call or 2 every other day is cool. just never call back to back. Space it out. Guys like that and like there space. Too much is not good and too little is not good but do just enough to even it out.

• Yep. Especially at the beginning, if you call too often it feels like you've got nothing better to do, which makes us feel as though you're going to be emotionally draining us down the road.

• I always wait to call (or text) but readin this made me change my mind. I'm just always worried the guy will think I'm too desperate if I call or text first, that's why I always wait for him to call/text first ;)

• I agree. I always worry about it too, even when I really want to talk to him. I mean you don't want to annoy the guy or seem clingy. what I usually do is wait until they contact me first, then after that I'll be like "well he already called/text me so I guess it's my turn to call/text."

• Yeah that's exactly what I do.. works out for me and I don't have to worry about being pushy or something

• Guys like getting calls from girls they are interested in. but as for other people, guys do not like it. My ex accused me of harrassing him because I called him so often.

• I do not think it is too pushy. Most guys have to do the normal routine, call girls, and express how they feel. Guys actually like it when they talk to different girls and they decide to make a move. I think you should go for it because most do not do it and you would be different.

• Even when its a new date? Am stunned at the answers a great eye opener!

• Ya I know! especially when books like "The Rules" and "Mars and Venus on a Date" [which I'm trying to follow] tells females to hardly ever call a guy.

• Lol those books are BS.

• I once met a girl, and she would call me and I call her. She slowly stopped calling, so I have pretty much figured she lost interest, and have cut off all contact. Who knows, maybe she still likes me? I am convinced she doesn't anymore. Moral of the story, be careful about those books. Hardly ever call a guy, and he might as well assume that you have no more interest, so he can move on.

• Yes.

• oh no no.

wrong thing to do.

• some do some don't.

• In my opinion, twice a day is enough.

most of the time, I let the guy do the calling.

the reason why I call 'em is to let 'em know that I'm still here

& I do care.

one time, I didn't call my boyfriend (at the moment) that much,

it made him think that I didn't care about him.