Are girls too embarrassed to date a short guy?

You girls can be honest here. Are you too embarrassed to be seen with a short guy? Would you feel like people would laugh at you?

And by short I mean 5'4''-5'6''.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I am not. I am 5'4" and only once did I go out with a guy where it felt noticeably odd. I can only figure he must have been 5' foot and was not honest on his dating profile. He was not just shorter but had a small frame. It was disorienting how much smaller he was than me but even then I was not embarrassed. However, I have dated several men who are either my height or a little taller and especially if they are muscular, well they don't feel short to me. My fiance is probably 5'6" and he feels 6' to me :)

What Girls Said 12

• Most women want tall guys; this makes them feel safe and protected. And not only tall-someone who is taller than her in heels. It sucks but it's the same as a lot of men like women with big breasts. It's a physical attraction thing but when you think about, there is also a scientific basis for these desires. Men are attracted to women with big breasts because it's a sign of fertility. While, women are attracted to tall men because they feel that a taller man will be a better protector. I'm not saying there aren't women aren't there who would date a short man; I'm just saying I wouldn't.

• Being tall has nothing to do with their ability to be able to protect a girl. You could have a guy who was tall and weak or short and strong.

• guys don't base who they wil date off breast size, attraction is attraction sure but no guy would reject a girl he likes because of breast size

also I've seen plenty of "short"/average guys beat the crap out of tall guys, center of gravity is lower providing better balance

• I'm saying instinctively.look it up these are scientific facts

• My boyfriend is 5'6" and I'm not embarrassed at all! In fact, I love his height. I don't have to strain my neck to kiss him and he's so comfy to cuddle with. And nobody's ever laughed at us either lol

• as long as a guy is 2-3 inches taller than me I'm fine with that. although having said that I'm 5'9''... but luckily for you I'm above average height! a lot of women are at the lower end of 5' so I think you're fine :)

• Not embarrassed. Just not attracted.

• Not at all, I'm 5'2 so as long as you were taller than me I would be fine, plus I think it would be better that way, I wouldn't have to go on my tippy toes to kiss someone of that height. But that's just me personally.

• If I am wearing heels and look like building I could be . But I don't really get embarrassed. But I am only 5'3.

• Absolutely not. Height really doesn't matter at all. I tend to be taller or about the same height as most guys I date.

• Personally, I wouldn't date a short guy

• I'm 5'9" and majorly crushing on a guy who is 5'6"

• It's not about embarrassment, but it's about preference.

• i wouldn't say embarrassed, maybe a bit awkward though

• I'm 5'2 so it's all good.. and if I'm not mistaken the guy that I actually like from a distance is shorter then the typical guys I would like.But that's not a bad thing he's still really cute:)

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, there's a girl for every height.

• Girls want:

A tall guy, it makes them feel protected

A rich guy, it makes them feel taken care off

A smart guy, it makes them feel smarter and interesting

A good looking guy, it makes them feel like beauty queens

A confident dominant guy, it makes them feel relaxed

A funny guy, it makes them feel less stressed

Etc...

It's all about a guy making them feel better about themselves

• Being tall doesn't matter for protection, being strong does. My ex was a good four inches taller than my current boyfriend, but my current boyfriend is definitely stronger. So I would feel more protected by him even though he's "short"

• lol I hear you. Sounds like you make more sense than a lot of girls.

• Haha thanks :)