Break up and still hang out?

Is it ever OK to break up and then hang out with an ex? As in for years like years? We broke up years ago but meet every few months to hang out and text and flirt and so forth...Is this ok? Even if we are both in committed relationships?

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it is OK with the people you're in committed relationships with and it's done in a healthy way and isn't hurting you or your other relationships, it sounds perfectly fine. But to make sure it is OK on all of those levels, you need to make sure everyone involved understands what is going on. And you need to be rigorously honest in doing so.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• it's fine sometimes being friends works better then being in a relationship, just because you dated them doesn't mean you can't be friends. As long as there's no leftover feelings it's totally fine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yess if your BOTH single, but If you're in a relationship you should'nt be flirting period, not intentionally, especially not with your ex.. unless you're still in love\ have feelings for them , in that case you need to put your love\feelings aside for you're committed relationship. Take it from a person who is in a relationship now and still has dormant feelings for her ex and is having problems in her new relationship because of him.. watch it girliie. wish you best of luuck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I was going to say, "Absolutely" until I saw "flirt"... It's okay to hang out with him IF neither of you have feelings for each other anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see nothing wrong with hanging out with an ex if that's all it is and so as long as you both have moved on with your past...Remember you're now both in committed relationships.

0|0
    0|0