Weird dating question? guys only

I went on a date with a guy and he asked me "Why would you date me? I'm a waiter. Seems like you'd be dating a pro athlete." Why did he ask me this? Was he testing me?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• He thinks he's not good enough for you. He finds you really attractive and doesn't get why you aren't with someone higher on the scale.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• He wants to make sure you cool with him as he is. I imagine he's used to girls treating him like crap because he's a waiter. He's looking for some validation or something. Here are my flaws.. take me or leave me.

The best way to respond is by saying he seems pretty cool (if you think so) and that his job doesn't matter. Unless it does, in which case he'll know when you don't see him again.

• He probably thinks you're out of his league.

What Girls Said 3

• This is me not fallowing directions :) enjoy this pointless answer

• It's a trick to get you to say, "awwwwe sweety you're alright don't worry:)" or something like that. I wouldn't be searching for more meaning behind the question.

• he's not confident and wants some validation from you that you like him