Theist guys, would you date an Atheist or Agnostic girl?

Christians mainly~ Would you date a non-christian?

Jw

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a christian until I was 19 and I was too close minded and felt so self righteous that I would never even consider dating (or even being friendly) with a non-christian.

Religion is a strong tool for control and when you buy into it wholeheartedly you shut your eyes to the fact that humans are individual creatures and faith(or no faith) in something not of this world should never divide two people that can share REAL feelings with one another...

But I say this as an agnostic-atheist, so hindsight plays a large factor in my reasoning.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, like what has already been said, it would cause problems if things became too serious. He'd want to raise the kids Christian, have them baptized, etc, and then there would just be the general arguments and such that would stem from it when he inadvertently tries to convert you.

• I have a lot of friends of different religions and spirituality. I wouldn't date anyone that didn't consider myself Christian, and I wouldn't date anyone just because they considered themselves Christian.

• Some people are just Christians because they were raised that way, and they never went out to learn the truth about other walks of life. They also tend to be highly xenophobic.

• honestly no, because you are who you hangout with. I'm a Christian. and I strongly believe in my lord and savior. Id die for him and I tell you what. Id die for my christian girlfriend too.

• k cool.. But "you are who you hangout with"? That's not true at all.. I dot hang out with people like me. All my friends are Christians. The only thing we have in common is our grades.

• sorry to jump into this riveting dialogue, but many non-theists, agnostics and atheist believe in something. It's just not something metaphysical. It can be a belief that Humans are inherently good because of a strongly developed community empathy, or other similar relatively humanist ideals.

Or they can choose to accept that humans have no specific purpose in their life. It doesn't change who they are.

• did* horrible things

• I think I might as long as she didn't insult my religion and let me have my beliefs.

• I personally wouldn't but that also has to do with what job field I am going into - the missionary field... I think you can figure out the reasons for incompatibility...

• Since when is being a missionary an actual work, or job field? lmao

• The job field is called ministry. Look it up, you can major in it as well.

• doubt it. that could cause issues down the road.

What Girls Said 3

• as long as they didn't make fun of me going to mass or try to shoot the pope I'm cool.

• I'm catholic and I dated an atheist. I think as long as you respect each others' beliefs, it's all good. :)

• i wouldn't be able to be in a serious relationship with someone with such different beliefs.